[ANN] FAM-Ruby 0.2.0

Paul Duncan

12/20/2006 11:26:00 AM

Hi everyone. I just released version 0.2.0 of FAM-Ruby, my Ruby
bindings for FAM (http://oss.sgi.com/pro...).

FAM (File Alteration Monitor) is a cross-platform API that allows
applications to monitor specific files and directories for changes in an
efficient and portable manner.

This release of FAM-Ruby includes updated documentation, several bug
fixes, and support for Gamin (http://gnome.org/~veill...), a
Gnome library that is compatible with a subset of FAM.

Files
=====
* Project Page: http://pablotron.org/software...
* Download: http://pablotron.org/files/fam-ruby-0....
* Signature: http://pablotron.org/files/fam-ruby-0.....asc
* Gem: http://pablotron.org/files/gems/fam-ruby...
* Gem Signature: http://pablotron.org/files/gems/fam-ruby....asc
* API Reference: http://pablotron.org/software...doc/

Note: The gem will be available in the main RubyForge gem repository
shortly; if you can't wait, feel free to grab it directly from the URL
above. The FAM-Ruby 0.2.0 gem also uses RubyGems' (relatively) new
gem signing feature. which I encourage everyone to use.

Special thanks for this release goes to David Lutterkort, who caught a
subtle memory leak, wrote the initial Gamin support, and tried in vain
to get me to rename FAM-Ruby to Gamin-Ruby :).

Questions and comments can be directed to the email address below.

--
Paul Duncan <pabs@pablotron.org> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pabl... OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562