Re: run perl script and capture the output

Li Chen

12/20/2006 7:57:00 AM

--- Paul Lutus <nospam@nosite.zzz> wrote:

> out=`perl c:\\Perl\\self\\back1.pl`

> out=`perl c:/Perl/self/back1.pl`

> out = `perl -v`

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much.

They all work fine now. In order to capture the output
from Ruby I just need to "puts xxxx".

Another quick question: How to translate the codes
above using IO.popen. I read the related part of
IO.popen but I can't figure out how.

BTW I can't see your post and another post to my
question from the forum at Ruby talk. I think the
server might have some problems.

Once again thank you very much,

Li

BTW I can't see you reply on the forum at Ruby-talk. I
think the server might have some problems.

http://mail...

1 Answer

Robert Klemme

On 20.12.2006 08:56, chen li wrote:
> Another quick question: How to translate the codes
> above using IO.popen. I read the related part of
> IO.popen but I can't figure out how.

see here for samples
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/tut_threa...

robert