Re: new to ruby

Peter Cooper

12/19/2006 2:52:00 PM

Tella, Ravichandra wrote:
> I started reading Programming Ruby (pragmatic series) for the past
> couple of days and also subscribed with this mailing list.
>
> I have already installed ruby and wrote a bit of code.
>
> Please suggest me if there is anything that would help me learn better.

Hi Ravi,

Welcome!

One problem I experience when learning new languages is that while it's
easy to plough through a book and feel pretty smart at the end.. when
you come to writing code, you start to realize you need to read all that
stuff again a few times until it sinks in.

With that in mind, I'd recommend Satish Talim's bumper collection of
Ruby tutorials that cover similar ground to Programming Ruby but,
naturally, approach things from a slightly different direction. Seeing
it all over again is more likely to get the knowledge to stick :) See
http://sitekreator.com/satishtali...

Cheers,
Peter Cooper