Re: new to ruby

Alex Watt

12/18/2006 10:09:00 PM

I'm pretty much a beginner myself, and after you've read, and fully
understood 'The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide', I'd suggest doing the Ruby
quiz (www.rubyquiz.com) every week. Experience and practice is the key to
getting good with the language... I'd imagine.

I think it's very important that you fully understand the basics, so make
sure you do.

>From: "Tella, Ravichandra" <Ravichandra.Tella@erac.com>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: new to ruby
>Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 07:02:01 +0900
>
>Hello all,
>
>I have a years experience developing web applications in java.
>
>I also thought myself Perl scripting.
>

>I am completely new to Ruby and would like to learn and play with Ruby.
>
>I started reading Programming Ruby (pragmatic series) for the past
>couple of days and also subscribed with this mailing list.
>
>I have already installed ruby and wrote a bit of code.
>

>Please suggest me if there is anything that would help me learn better.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Ravi

Think you're a film buff? Play the Movie Mogul quiz and win fantastic
prizes! http://www.msnmovi...