[ANN] Ruby-VPI 12.0.1

Suraj Kurapati

12/18/2006 8:17:00 PM

Ruby-VPI is a Ruby interface to Verilog VPI. It lets you create
complex Verilog test benches easily and wholly in Ruby.

Website: http://ruby-vpi.rub...

Install: gem install ruby-vpi

Version 12.0.1 (2006-12-18)

Summary

This release fixes a problem in code coverage analysis.

Acknowledgment

Thanks to Mauricio Fernandez for helping me solve the
problem.

Detail

Previously, code coverage reports were not providing any
useful information because they were being generated before
the test had a chance to run. This problem has been
fixedâ??code coverage reports are now generated after the
test has finished running.

This problem was wholly due to programmer error -- i.e. my
mistake ;-) -- because I had forgotten that Kernel.at_exit
invokes the blocks passed to it in reverse order. So, the
coverage report was being generated before Test::Unit had a
chance to run (it also uses Kernel.at_exit).

Suraj Kurapati

Hello,

There was a problem in the 12.0.1 gem, where the generate_test.rb and
header_to_ruby.rb tools were not being installed properly.

I have released a new 12.0.2 package which fixes this problem:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1339&relea...

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your attention.