parseexcel

Li Chen

12/18/2006 3:21:00 PM

Hi all,

I can use parseexcel to open excel file and process the data within
excel. 1)But I am not sure how to write the processed data back to excel
using parseexcel. What is the syntax for this? 2) How to select a range
of cells, for example, row1,column 1 to row 3,column 10 instead of
whole columns or whole rows.

Thank you in advance,

Li

Hannes Wyss

Hi Li

On 12/18/06, Li Chen <chen_li3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1)But I am not sure how to write the processed data back to excel
> using parseexcel. What is the syntax for this?
ParseExcel does not write Excel files. For that you will have to use
the SpreadSheet::Excel library developed by Daniel Berger. I plan to
merge the two libraries in the future, but that will have to wait
until late 2007.

Both libraries are available here, or via gem install:
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?gr...

> 2) How to select a range
> of cells, for example, row1,column 1 to row 3,column 10 instead of
> whole columns or whole rows.
There are no methods that do directly what you want - you'll have to
do something like:
1.upto(3) do |row|
1.upto(10) do |col|
puts worksheet.cell(row, col)

hth

Hannes

Li Chen

Hannes Wyss wrote:

>> 2) How to select a range
>> of cells, for example, row1,column 1 to row 3,column 10 instead of
>> whole columns or whole rows.
> There are no methods that do directly what you want - you'll have to
> do something like:
> 1.upto(3) do |row|
> 1.upto(10) do |col|
> puts worksheet.cell(row, col)

Thanks. I'll give them a try tonight to see if they work.

Li

Li Chen

> Hannes Wyss wrote:
>>>
>>> 2) How to select a range
>>> of cells, for example, row1,column 1 to row 3,column 10 instead of
>>> whole columns or whole rows.
>> There are no methods that do directly what you want - you'll have to
>> do something like:
>> 1.upto(3) do |row|
>> 1.upto(10) do |col|
>> puts worksheet.cell(row, col)
>> end
>> end

Hi Hannes,

Do you know what the advantages of using parseexcel are , compared to
export data from excel into text file, parse them,then import them back
into excel using spreadsheetexcel?

Thanks,

Li

Hannes Wyss

Li

On 12/19/06, Li Chen <chen_li3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you know what the advantages of using parseexcel are , compared to
> export data from excel into text file, parse them,then import them back
> into excel using spreadsheetexcel?

I probably would not call them advantages, but circumstances:
- if you cannot choose your input format, and thus would have to
perform that export to text (csv?) manually, use parseexcel.
- parseexcel can give you information on the data contained in a cell
(Cell#type returns :date, :numeric or :text) - if you need that
information, use parseexcel.

hth

Hannes

Andy PS

Hannes Wyss wrote:
> Li
>
> On 12/19/06, Li Chen <chen_li3@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Do you know what the advantages of using parseexcel are , compared to
>> export data from excel into text file, parse them,then import them back
>> into excel using spreadsheetexcel?
>
> I probably would not call them advantages, but circumstances:
> - if you cannot choose your input format, and thus would have to
> perform that export to text (csv?) manually, use parseexcel.
> - parseexcel can give you information on the data contained in a cell
> (Cell#type returns :date, :numeric or :text) - if you need that
> information, use parseexcel.
>
> hth
>
> Hannes

Can anyone Help me, how do I use excel file for data driven
testing in Selenium Remote Control. Basically My problem is, we have
100 records,how can i fetch Username & password field to execute my
application with every User

David Mullet

On Apr 16, 1:13 am, Andy PS <abhis...@crawler.com> wrote:

> Can anyone Help me, how do I use excel file for data driven
> testing in Selenium Remote Control. Basically My problem is, we have
> 100 records,how can i fetch Username & password field to execute my
> application with every User

Andy-

I know nothing about Selenium. If, however, you are on a Windows
machine with Excel installed, you could use win32ole to automate
Excel. If you think that has potential, you'll find more info here:

http://rubyonwindows.bl.../search/l...

David
http://rubyonwindows.bl...

jon_banquer

On Apr 16, 12:45 pm, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausschadenfre...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Good. Then you'll be around to make fun of some more.
>
> >Your lame attempts so far have blown up on your face.
>
> LOL. Loved your whole attempt at tracing IP's. You're not posting from
> AOL, are you?
>
> "Laugh laugh laugh laugh."
>   Lee Harrison 1957-2012, RIP

Your lame attempts continue to blow up in your face.

More please!

Walter Forward

On 4/16/2013 5:11 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:57:20 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
> <jonbanquer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 15, 6:43 pm, Klaus Schadenfreude <klausschadenfre...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I just figured you were smart enough to figure it out on your own.
>>>
>>> Obviously, you need help.
>>>
>>> http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=108.2...
>>>
>>> there now. Was that so difficult?

>>> LOL Maybe if you used the right IP address, fool.

>>> No it doesn't you ignorant fucktard.
>>>
>>> NetRange: 108.192.0.0 - 108.255.255.255
>>> CIDR: 108.192.0.0/10
>>> OriginAS: AS7132
>>> NetName: SBCIS-SBIS
>>> NetHandle: NET-108-192-0-0-1
>>> Parent: NET-108-0-0-0-0
>>> NetType: Direct Allocation
>>> Comment: For policy abuse issues contact ab...@att.net AT&T
>>> Internet Services - Legal Compliance Group 1010 N. St. Mary's St., Rm.
>>> 315-A2 San Antonio, TX 78215 Legal Compliance Group (Fax) 707-435-6409
>>> RegDate: 2011-01-12
>>> Updated: 2012-03-02
>>> Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-108...
>>>
>>> OrgName: AT&T Internet Services
>>> OrgId: SIS-80
>>> Address: 2701 N. Central Expwy # 2205.15
>>> City: Richardson
>>> StateProv: TX
>>> PostalCode: 75080
>>> Country: US
>>> RegDate: 2000-06-20
>>> Updated: 2010-10-08
>>> Comment: For policy abuse issues contact ab...@att.net
>>> Comment: AT&T Internet Services - Legal Compliance Group
>>> Comment: 1010 N. St. Mary's St., Rm. 315-A2
>>> Comment: San Antonio, TX 78215
>>> Comment: Legal Compliance Group (Fax) 707-435-6409
>>> Ref: http://whois.arin.net/rest/...
>>>
>>> OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE6-ARIN
>>> OrgAbuseName: Abuse ATT Internet Services
>>> OrgAbusePhone: +1-800-648-1626
>>> OrgAbuseEmail: ab...@att.net
>>> OrgAbuseRef: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/A...
>>>
>>> OrgTechHandle: IPADM2-ARIN
>>> OrgTechName: IPAdmin ATT Internet Services
>>> OrgTechPhone: +1-800-648-1626
>>> OrgTechEmail: ipadmin-s...@sbcis.sbc.com
>>> OrgTechRef: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/I...
>>>
>>> OrgNOCHandle: SUPPO-ARIN
>>> OrgNOCName: Support ATT Internet Services
>>> OrgNOCPhone: +1-888-510-5545
>>> OrgNOCEmail: ipad...@sbc.com
>>> OrgNOCRef: http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/...
>>>
>>> If you're going to be a net stalker, learn to use your tools.
>>
>> I never claimed to be a Usenet expert asshole

You're just an asshole with *no* expertise in anything, little jonny
banqueer - stupid squat-to-piss shit-4-braincell faggot.

jon_banquer

On Apr 16, 12:58 pm, Walter Forward <w...@treasury.g v> wrote:
> On 4/16/2013 5:11 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:57:20 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
> > <jonbanq...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> I never claimed to be a Usenet expert asshole
>
> You're just an asshole with *no* expertise in anything, little jonny
> banqueer - stupid squat-to-piss shit-4-braincell faggot.

Walter Forward = Pimple sock puppet.

Too_Many_Tools

On Apr 15, 10:19 pm, jon_banquer <jonbanq...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 15, 8:09 pm, JohnJohnsn <TopCop1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > And old Dougie was a _lot_ smarter than Jonnie Banqueer here.
> > RIP "Lone Weasel" Lee Douglas Harrison: 1957-2012
> > From: JohnJohnsn <TopCop1...@yahoo.com>
> > Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns
>
> Sounds like the toy cop has a Doogie Howser stalking fantasy as well.

Of course he does.

The guy is nuts.

TMT