Re: Dynamic Variable Names

Gavin Kistner

12/16/2006 4:44:00 AM

From: Chris Martin [mailto:chriscodes@gmail.com]
> Is it possible to create dynamic variable names in ruby?

See #instance_variable_set, #instance_variable_get. However, as others have said...use a Hash.

Also search the mailing list. This has come up before.

1 Answer

Chris Martin

On 12/15/06, Gavin Kistner <gavin.kistner@anark.com> wrote:
> From: Chris Martin [mailto:chriscodes@gmail.com]
> > Is it possible to create dynamic variable names in ruby?
>
> See #instance_variable_set, #instance_variable_get. However, as others have said...use a Hash.
>
> Also search the mailing list. This has come up before.

Thanks all!
Steve, that's basically the idea.

Gavin, this is what I was looking for but couldn't find, thanks for
the push in the right direction.

--
Chris Martin
Web Developer