where is YAML::Syck's maling list?

Phlip

12/16/2006 3:29:00 AM

Ruboids:

I an am adept googler, but this crumb of data eludes me. (Naive attempts
rapidly get snared in Perl groups, for example...)

I have innard-looking questions about YAML via its Syck vehicle, and I can't
find the best newsgroup to ask them on. Not that this one isn't best; it
just isn't narrow.

When I hit http://rubyforge.org/proj... , it has a List clicker
that's empty.

What gives with this Syck list shtick??

--
Phlip
http://www.greencheese.u... <-- NOT a blog!!!

56 Answers

Alex LeDonne

On 12/15/06, Phlip <phlipcpp@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ruboids:
>
> I an am adept googler, but this crumb of data eludes me. (Naive attempts
> rapidly get snared in Perl groups, for example...)
>
> I have innard-looking questions about YAML via its Syck vehicle, and I can't
> find the best newsgroup to ask them on. Not that this one isn't best; it
> just isn't narrow.
>
> When I hit http://rubyforge.org/proj... , it has a List clicker
> that's empty.
>
> What gives with this Syck list shtick??
>
> --
> Phlip
> http://www.greencheese.u... <-- NOT a blog!!!

Philip,

I've read http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/... which
leads you to http://whytheluckystiff..., and I conclude that
your best bets are the list we're currently on, or contacting _why
directly at the address on his home page
http://www.whythelucky...

I feel like I should disclaim that any similarity between your reality
and that of _why is either coincidental or a prank; I can't say on
whom.

-A

Phlip

Alex LeDonne wrote:

> I've read http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/... which
> leads you to http://whytheluckystiff..., and I conclude that
> your best bets are the list we're currently on, or contacting _why
> directly at the address on his home page
> http://www.whythelucky...

My questions are so syck this group would never answer them.

I will try again here when I can remember what the question was.

> I feel like I should disclaim that any similarity between your reality
> and that of _why is either coincidental or a prank; I can't say on
> whom.

Absolutely. People who blog about programming under a flippant pen-name, as
as excuse to foist their comics off on the world, should be lined up and
smacked with a fish in the 5 to 10 pound range.

<a beat>

Ooof!

--
Phlip
http://www.greencheese.u... <-- NOT a blog!!!

_why

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 12:35:07PM +0900, Phlip wrote:
> I have innard-looking questions about YAML via its Syck vehicle, and I can't
> find the best newsgroup to ask them on. Not that this one isn't best; it
> just isn't narrow.

The yaml-core list is a pretty good place to talk about Syck in the open. If
you'd feel more comfortable, just reply to this.

_why

Klaus Schadenfreude

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:22:13 -0700, "Baxter"
<baxter.spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote:

>-
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 06:27:53 -0700 (PDT), Eggs Ackley
>> <moenkopi@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Karma doing its job? Or another self sacrifice in the name of
>>>freedom? Whatever. Priceless........
>>
>> I thought you people fought for people to have control over their own
>> bodies?
>>
>> What gives?
>>
>========
>Another day [rant snipped]

Well? Are you people in favor of allowing other control over their own
bodies or not?

__________________________________
Bert: Besides, just where do you expect to find a police officer,
armed or not, to take care of the thug who's beating you to death in
order to steal your phone?

"Why do you think we have 911? "
-Baxter, Self Defense Expert
4/14/2013

F. Brown

"Baxter" <baxter.spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> standing nearby. Neither victim appeared to have life-threatening
> injuries.
>
> Chicago, Ill. -- A 17-year-old was shot in his chest while on a street
> about 9:15 p.m. yesterday. His injuries were not considered
> life-threatening.
>
> Chicago, Ill. -- A 19-year-old male was shot in the leg while walking in
> an alley about 2:25 a.m. today. His condition was listed as stabilized.
>
> Chicago, Ill. -- Two persons on a street were shot about 2:50 a.m. today.
> No word on their conditions.
>
> Chicago, Ill. -- A man in his 20s showed up at a hospital about 4:30 a.m.
> today with a gunshot wound to his hand.
>
> Chicago, Ill. -- A male in a moving motor vehicle was grazed by a bullet
> about 5:15 a.m. today when another person in a passing car opened fire.
> The victim declined medical treatment at the scene.
>
> Chicago, Ill. -- A man of unknown age was found with a gunshot wound about
> 5:15 p.m. today. The victim was listed in stable condition.
>
> Bridgeport, Conn. -- Two men, ages 44 and 42, were shot while in a car
> about 2:30 a.m. today. The two were leaving a nightclub when an unknown
> man walked up to the vehicle and opened fire. The older man was shot in
> the thigh. No word on his condition. The younger man was shot in the neck
> and chest. He was listed in critical condition.
>
> Milwaukee, Wis. -- About 10 p.m. yesterday, a 27-year-old man was shot in
> the legs after an altercation on a street. He was listed in good
> condition.
>
> Milwaukee, Wis. -- While at a house party around midnight last night, a
> 37-year-old woman was struck in the foot and a 34-year-old man was struck
> in the abdomen after shots were fired into the residence from outside.
> Both victims were listed in stable condition and are expected to survive.
>
> Nashville, Tenn. -- A 19-year-old male was shot in the leg while in front
> of a house Saturday evening. The teenager returned fire but apparently did
> not hit anyone. The victim's injuries were reported as non
> life-threatening.
>
> Nashville, Tenn. -- A 24-year-old man showed up at a hospital about 3:45
> p.m. yesterday with a gunshot wound to his abdomen. His injuries were not
> considered life-threatening.
>
> Philadelphia, Penn. -- A 22-year-old man showed up at a hospital about 6
> p.m. yesterday with gunshot wounds to his cheek, neck, back, and thigh.
> Police said he was shot while near a convenience store. His was listed in
> critical condition.
>
> Philadelphia, Penn. -- A 19-year-old man standing on a corner was shot in
> the elbow about 11 p.m. yesterday when an unknown man fired at him. The
> victim was listed in stable condition. Also, a 37-year-old male was struck
> once in the groin area and taken to the hospital in critical condition.
> And an employee inside a nearby takeout restaurant was hit by shattered
> glass when a bullet went through a wood panel. His injury was minor and he

The moral of the above stories........stay home after supper. Most street
shooting happen after dark.

Sancho Panza

On 4/15/2013 10:22 AM, Baxter wrote:
> [...]
> p.m. yesterday with a gunshot wound to his abdomen. His injuries were not
> considered life-threatening.
>
> Philadelphia, Penn. -- A 22-year-old man showed up at a hospital about 6
> p.m. yesterday with gunshot wounds to his cheek, neck, back, and thigh.
> Police said he was shot while near a convenience store. His was listed in
> critical condition.
>
> Philadelphia, Penn. -- A 19-year-old man standing on a corner was shot in
> the elbow about 11 p.m. yesterday when an unknown man fired at him. The
> victim was listed in stable condition. Also, a 37-year-old male was struck
> once in the groin area and taken to the hospital in critical condition. And
> an employee inside a nearby takeout restaurant was hit by shattered glass
> when a bullet went through a wood panel. His injury was minor and he

Sure looks like major problems in urban America, the urban America with
the strictest gun controls on the books but never in practice.

Klaus Schadenfreude

On 15 Apr 2013 10:04:01 -0500, "Fred Brown" <fredbrown@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>"Baxter" <baxter.spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote in message
>> -
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I thought you people fought for people to have control over their own
>>> bodies?
>>>
>>> What gives?
>>>
>> ========
>> Another day in the (gun crazy) U.S.A.
>> April 14, 2013 edition
>>

>> Jacksonv[..]ical
>

>The moral of the above stories..

....when Baxter is asked a direct question, he'll move the goal posts
as fast and as far as he can. :)

Baxter

-

> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:22:13 -0700, "Baxter"
> <baxter.spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I thought you people fought for people to have control over their own
>>> bodies?
>>>
>>> What gives?
>>>
>>========
>>Another day [rant snipped]
>
> Well? Are you people in favor of allowing other control over their own
> bodies or not?

It's not *your* body I'm concerned about. If you had read that list you
snipped, you would have seen that most of yesterdays ~30 shootings involved
other people.

Mike Watt

"Baxter" wrote in message news:kkh62u$ds2$1@speranza.aioe.org...

-
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:22:13 -0700, "Baxter"
> <baxter.spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I thought you people fought for people to have control over their own
>>> bodies?
>>>
>>> What gives?
>>>
>>========
>>Another day [rant snipped]
>
> Well? Are you people in favor of allowing other control over their own
> bodies or not?

It's not *your* body I'm concerned about. If you had read that list you
snipped, you would have seen that most of yesterdays ~30 shootings involved
other people.

###

So what?
http://www.poseidon-tech.com/us/stati...

Baxter

-

"Mike Watt" <The stooges@bass.gov> wrote in message
> "Baxter" wrote in message news:kkh62u$ds2$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> "Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:22:13 -0700, "Baxter"
>> <baxter.spamblock@baxcode.com> wrote:
>>>"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klausschadenfreude@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>========
>>>Another day [rant snipped]
>>
>> Well? Are you people in favor of allowing other control over their own
>> bodies or not?
>>
> It's not *your* body I'm concerned about. If you had read that list you
> snipped, you would have seen that most of yesterdays ~30 shootings
> involved
> other people.
>

> ###
>
> So what?

Ah, that's right, you don't believe in other people's rights - only your
own.