How Old is Ruby

i039345

12/16/2006 2:50:00 AM

Hi guys

I am bit curious to know how did ruby come in to existense . Woulds be great
if somebody could provide some history about this

Thnks in advance
rajesh k

3 Answers

Gregory Brown

On 12/15/06, i039345 <i039345@sap.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I am bit curious to know how did ruby come in to existense . Woulds be great
> if somebody could provide some history about this

http://blog.nicksieger.com/articles/2006/10/20/rubyconf-histo...

Steven Paul

In article <elvmtd$dne$1@news.sap-ag.de>, i039345 <i039345@sap.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I am bit curious to know how did ruby come in to existense . Woulds be great
> if somebody could provide some history about this

As far as I can tell, this was the original announcement. I notice that
it received no replies. :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.misc/msg/86d7c4...

James Britt

Steven Paul wrote:
> In article <elvmtd$dne$1@news.sap-ag.de>, i039345 <i039345@sap.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I am bit curious to know how did ruby come in to existense . Woulds be great
>> if somebody could provide some history about this
>

> As far as I can tell, this was the original announcement. I notice that
> it received no replies. :-)

It received replies on the mailing list.

Gregory Brown offered this:

--
James Britt

"People want simple stories."