Re: [ANN] Dhaka 0.0.5 bugfix

James Gray

12/15/2006 2:26:00 PM

On Dec 15, 2006, at 12:38 AM, Mushfeq Khan wrote:

> This version of the Dhaka gem...

Just curious: what does Dhaka mean?

> As a side note, both the above bugs were found when trying to
> generate a
> parser for the Ruby grammar.

I just have to say that the Dhaka project and the side project of
building a Ruby grammar are just about the two coolest projects I've
seen in Rubyland lately. This is just terrific stuff!

James Edward Gray II

3 Answers

hemant

On 12/15/06, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2006, at 12:38 AM, Mushfeq Khan wrote:
>
> > This version of the Dhaka gem...
>
> Just curious: what does Dhaka mean?

Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh. IMHO author picked name from there.

--
gnufied
-----------

appleman

Can you provide any additional examples? For example, creating a
simple DSL like LOGO using Dhaka? I think it would really help me
understand how to use this library. I think the idea and the concept
behind it is quite wonderful!

For example, when building a tokenizer -- can i have a word as a
"token" such as "canary" or does each token have to be a single
character? Based on the examples, they appear to only be single
characters -- I'm doing my best to abstract the information of the
examples -- as to what is part of the library and what is defined by
the user of the library (e.g. is :idle_state a key symbol for the
library?)

I'll dig into the actually library code at some point.

Thanks for this!

Gregory Brown

On 12/26/06, HH <appleman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you provide any additional examples? For example, creating a
> simple DSL like LOGO using Dhaka? I think it would really help me
> understand how to use this library. I think the idea and the concept
> behind it is quite wonderful!

We are planning to integrate Dhaka with Ruport soon, so more examples
would make life easier for us, too :)