Re: Trouble installing Gems

Tim Pease

12/14/2006 8:36:00 PM

On 12/13/06, Jeff Watson <redgibson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I am running Zenlinux 4.0 and i cannot seem to get Ruby Gems to work
> correctly. Zen ships with 1.8.4.. i tried to install gems 0.9
>
> sudo ruby setup.rb
>
> gives me an error
>
> "LoadError: no such file to load"
>
> the file is obviously there... ( ls says so:-D )
>
> so i removed the 1.8.4 and installed 1.8.5 to see if that was the problem,
> same result. My end goal is to get RoR running, and it seems crippled at
> this juncture. Any idea why i would not be able to install gems? it seems to
> get the same LoadError: kind of error whenever i try and "require" ANYTHING.
> going insane!

Could you please give a little more information -- a exact copy of the
error that shows the full LoadError message would be good. What is
needed to help you out is the name of the file that is failing to
load.

There was a recent post talking about similar load issues with FXRuby.
Take a look at that thread for some hints, too. The subject line is
"FXRuby 1.6.4 redux"

Blessings,
TwP