passing Proc as a parameter

Can Ceran

12/13/2006

Hi,
I'm a new user of Ruby, and trying to learn its features. But I have a
difficulty to understand Proc class.
What will be the referencing environment when we pass Proc as a
parameter?
and other question, how can we pass Proc as a parameter, can you give an
example of it?
Thanks for your help.

Giles Bowkett

Pretty good explanation at this blog:

http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2006/04/18/understanding-ruby-blocks-procs-a...

On 12/12/06, Can Ceran <ccermikli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a new user of Ruby, and trying to learn its features. But I have a
> difficulty to understand Proc class.
> What will be the referencing environment when we pass Proc as a
> parameter?
> and other question, how can we pass Proc as a parameter, can you give an
> example of it?
> Thanks for your help.

Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...
http://gilesbowkett.bl...
http://gilesgoatboy.bl...

Can Ceran

Thanks for the link, it really helped me to understand the topic.

James Gray

On Dec 12, 2006, at 6:00 PM, Can Ceran wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a new user of Ruby, and trying to learn its features. But I have a
> difficulty to understand Proc class.
> What will be the referencing environment when we pass Proc as a
> parameter?
> and other question, how can we pass Proc as a parameter, can you
> give an
> example of it?

This article might be worth a read:

http://blog.grayproductions.net/articles/2006/01/05/code-as-a...