Re: help building ruby on osx

Ilan Berci

12/12/2006 2:57:00 PM

Ryan Hanks wrote:
> I need to get some help compiling ruby 1.8.5-p2 on my MacBook Pro.
> Where
> would be a good place to post my build log and the errors I get when
> running
> 'make test-all'? What other info will be helpful to provide?
>
> Thanks.

To build on OSX from source, I followed the instructions posted on:
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rails_lighttpd_m...

The instructions are very easy to follow (he assumes no prior
experience) and they leave a well organized install on your machine. I
now use a variant of his instructions for Ubuntu installs as well since
his approach was far superior to my "hammer till it works" style.

p.s the article may be a little out of date on versions but I had no
problems with the latest releases.

Hope this helps

ilan