Predefined variable to represent the ruby installation path?

Olivia Dou

12/12/2006 1:32:00 PM

Is there a Predefined variable that represent the ruby installation
path(on which directory ruby is installed)?

it.emeraldion

Olivia Dou <dou_yifan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a Predefined variable that represent the ruby installation
> path(on which directory ruby is installed)?

on *nix systems you can issue the command

$ which ruby
/usr/bin/ruby

--
http://www.eme...
Non esiste alcuna terza trapunta Eminflex. E' un raggiro.

Trans

Olivia Dou wrote:
> Is there a Predefined variable that represent the ruby installation
> path(on which directory ruby is installed)?

check out rbconfig.rb, eg:

require 'yaml'
require 'rbconfig'

y Config::CONFIG

t.

Trans

Garry Offord wrote:
> It would seem that Config::CONFIG['bindir'] gives the directory from which
> the ruby executable is run. A lot of the other keys seem to hold promise,
> but are zero lengths strings ("") on my system (SunOS 5.8).

hmm. sounds like the installation of ruby itself needs someof
improvement for SunOS.

t.