Installing Ruby on rails

Tim Bobker

12/12/2006 12:06:00 AM

Ive just tried to get started with ruby on rails downloaded the
installer for windows and managed to start the server, but in every
tutorial it states that the doc root is accessed at
http://127.... however i cannot find it. I tried
http://127.... and it came up with some sort of documentation not
welcome to rails or anything.

I hope this is the right forum if not can you tell me where to go or
what im doing wrong.

Also where is the actual doc root and can i use my existing apache web
server and mysql database i have on my local computer?

Giles Bowkett

Hey, welcome to Ruby on Rails, you're going to love it. You need to
take these questions to the Rails list, though, the Ruby list is for
language topics.

On 12/11/06, Tim Bobker <timbobker@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Ive just tried to get started with ruby on rails downloaded the
> installer for windows and managed to start the server, but in every
> tutorial it states that the doc root is accessed at
> http://127.... however i cannot find it. I tried
> http://127.... and it came up with some sort of documentation not
> welcome to rails or anything.
>
> I hope this is the right forum if not can you tell me where to go or
> what im doing wrong.
>
> Also where is the actual doc root and can i use my existing apache web
> server and mysql database i have on my local computer?

Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...
http://gilesbowkett.bl...
http://gilesgoatboy.bl...

Michael JONES

On Jul 31, 1:16 am, Some dirty psycho idiot twat named Lydig Avenue
Kibbitzer <Lydig_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> >> Who are contemporary composers & song writers
> >> you admire?

Why didn't you answer my other question before asking me the same
question again?

> Thanks for warning me that Mormon is made up
> nonsense, but I don't happen to be a Mormon.

Then why did your psycho twat self re-post my original thread to
alt.religion.mormon? What the fuck is wrong with you, bitch?

> You seem to be afraid of "witchcraft" and "satanism."
> Were you raised in the 14th century?

Translation: "I am a dirty jewish female whore child rapist and
murderer. Me and my inbred family of jew satanist cockroaches have
been murdering children for generations, and I want to make people
think that satanist garbage like me doesn't really exist, and only
happened in the 14th century. I was raped in accordance with Talmudic
doctrine by BOTH my father AND my mother, and I am damn proud my
satanic heritage. I am also a fucked up psycho TWAT IDIOT who can't
answer a simple question without redundantly repeating other
questions, because I'm just a freak that way. I also post shit to
alt.religion.mormonism, because I am a dirty psycho twat with herpes,
and I take a lot of Paxil."