Suggested Ruby / Rails Development Environment on OS X?

Charles McKnight

12/11/2006 10:46:00 PM

1 Answer

Jeremy McAnally

I dig Textmate with updated bundles for editing. vi is my second
choice (*ducks*), but the file management with Textmate and snippets
make it the best choice IMO.

I use Locomotive (http://locomotive....) to develop my Rails
applications; this is like InstantRails for Windows. It's great for
development and testing. Whenever I get ready to deploy my projects
to something more heavy duty (e.g., a Mongrel cluster, Apache, etc.),
I'll use Capistrano.

I use YourSQL for mySQL administration.

Just my personal preferences...there are a lot of options! :)

--Jeremy