New Haven Rubyists December Meeting

Paul Novak

12/11/2006 1:43:00 PM

Who: Anyone interested in Ruby who will be around New Haven
Connecticut on

When: Wednesday December 13, 6:30 pm

What: New Haven Ruby Brigade

Where: Cardiopulmonary Corporation, 200 Cascade Blvd., Milford, CT

Why: So Mark can tell us about using ruby introspection to provide
intelligent completion in vim, and we can discus any other topics that
catch our fancy. Bring your favorite Ruby story, feature, annoyance,
or soapbox.

For map and other details, visit the wiki at
http://newhavenrubyists.stikipad.com/wiki/show/Meeting+...

Regards,

Paul.

4 Answers

Irish Mike

On Feb 5 2012 5:37 AM, Hunter wrote:

> While very historically accurate in depicting Roman life (although the
actual
> history of Spartacus and his revolt has been changed somewhat including that
> Oenomaus was a white Gaul in real life and not a black Sub Saharan African),

It is blatantly racist to suggest such a thing and I am reporting you to
the Politically Correct Police. In addition, what you suggest would be a
clear violation of the MBBG rule of Hollywood television protocol. Every
new show or series is required to have at least one MBBG (mandatory bald
black guy) for both marketing appeal and political correctness.

I trust you have learned from this reprimand and that your future posts
will fully comply with politically correct guidelines.

Irish Mike

---?

Thanatos

In article <jgmrej$8rg$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> If there is one problem this show does not have, it is finding attractive
> women in casting. The women come and go constantly, but the theme of
> extreme appeal remains a constant. that, certainly, is a good example of
> how this show does not accurately portray Roman times. If it were accurate,
> we would see more fat, lots of missing teeth, and other generally
> unattractive traits in both the male and female cast.

No kidding. How many gladiators would still have a full set of
pearly-white choppers after getting hit in the face with hammers and
shields every day?

> The characters that have been clear villains, IMO, are the Ilithyia,

She's also been the hottest woman on the show so far.

> Solonius.

Even Solonius wasn't a villain until Bateatus treated him like shit once
too often. Until then he was pretty much a loyal friend.

'Gods of the Arena' finally worked its way to the top of my Netflix
queue. It's nice being back in the ludus with good Bateatus and Lucretia
once again. Now I must set mind to purpose and finish watching the final
episodes so that I may speak with knowledgable tongue should challenge
be presented.

Next week I have a 5-day weekend. When work is over and the gods have
removed cock from ass, I will let gaze linger on disc two of 'Gods of
the Arena'.

Obveeus

"Thanatos" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> 'Gods of the Arena' finally worked its way to the top of my Netflix
> queue. It's nice being back in the ludus with good Bateatus and Lucretia
> once again. Now I must set mind to purpose and finish watching the final
> episodes so that I may speak with knowledgable tongue should challenge
> be presented.
>
> Next week I have a 5-day weekend. When work is over and the gods have
> removed cock from ass, I will let gaze linger on disc two of 'Gods of
> the Arena'.

Spoken like a true Roman.

Hunter

In article <atropos-B38EE5.15050405022012@news.giganews.com>, atropos@mac.com
says...

> In article <jgmrej$8rg$1@dont-email.me>, "Obveeus" <Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If there is one problem this show does not have, it is finding attractive
> > women in casting. The women come and go constantly, but the theme of
> > extreme appeal remains a constant. that, certainly, is a good example of
> > how this show does not accurately portray Roman times. If it were accurate,
> > we would see more fat, lots of missing teeth, and other generally
> > unattractive traits in both the male and female cast.
>
> No kidding. How many gladiators would still have a full set of
> pearly-white choppers after getting hit in the face with hammers and
> shields every day?
-----
I agree, but that is standard allowances for TV. Does one want to see Spartacus
and Crixus gumming their lines? I sure don't want to see a toothless Naevia or
even Lucretia. However, the Romans *did* have tooth paste and rudimentary
toothbrushes, at least the class of Romans Lucretia belonged to, so they did
have some oral care.

> > The characters that have been clear villains, IMO, are the Ilithyia,
>
> She's also been the hottest woman on the show so far.
----
She is hot too but not my general type. But hell no I won't turn her down. :-)

> > Solonius.
>
> Even Solonius wasn't a villain until Bateatus treated him like shit once
> too often. Until then he was pretty much a loyal friend.
----
Totally agree! Batiatus simply didn't appreciate what a friend Solonius was,
thinking him a submissive sucker who didn't want to better himself.

> 'Gods of the Arena' finally worked its way to the top of my Netflix
> queue. It's nice being back in the ludus with good Bateatus and Lucretia
> once again. Now I must set mind to purpose and finish watching the final
> episodes so that I may speak with knowledgable tongue should challenge
> be presented.
----
I see you appreciate the poetry of the script as well. It's great!

> Next week I have a 5-day weekend. When work is over and the gods have
> removed cock from ass, I will let gaze linger on disc two of 'Gods of
> the Arena'.
---
Here is a short list of Roman Invective that was used:

http://www.therthdimension.org/AncientRome/Invective/inv...
--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907