[ANN] RingyDingy 1.2.1 Released

Eric Hodel

12/10/2006 8:01:00 AM

RingyDingy version 1.2.1 has been released!

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/...

RingyDingy automatically re-registers your DRb service with a
RingServer should communication with the RingServer stop.

Changes:

= 1.2.1

* Don't allow $TESTING to be true if we're not testing.

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/...

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!

7 Answers

T. Esteban Ayala

On Mar 23, 10:33 am, wagnerfan <ivanmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:55:43 -0500, Doug McDonald
>
> <mcdon...@scs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> >I'm looking for the most "erotic" sounding Tristan "Prelude and
> >Liebestod" (the usual orchestral only version) in modern stereo sound.
> >I listened to several on Youtube and clearly like the 1954 Furtwangler
> >the best. The sound is fine ... but unfortunately mono. Suggestions?
>
> >Doug McDonald
>
>   I am not sure what you mean by erotic in the sound but I think
> Karajan may be what you are looking for.  Wagner fan

I second this. Karajan is your best bet for luxuriousness of sound and
intensity of expression in stereo. Mravinsky is also good here. You
may also want to give Rodzinski a try if you can find it.

But if you're really looking for a XXX-rated performance of that
music, nothing beats Nikolai Golovanov. In mono, unfortunately.

jrsnfld

On Mar 23, 11:01 am, "T. Esteban Ayala" <testebanay...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 23, 10:33 am, wagnerfan <ivanmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:55:43 -0500, Doug McDonald
>
> > <mcdon...@scs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> > >I'm looking for the most "erotic" sounding Tristan "Prelude and
> > >Liebestod" (the usual orchestral only version) in modern stereo sound.
> > >I listened to several on Youtube and clearly like the 1954 Furtwangler
> > >the best. The sound is fine ... but unfortunately mono. Suggestions?
>
> > >Doug McDonald
>
> >   I am not sure what you mean by erotic in the sound but I think
> > Karajan may be what you are looking for.  Wagner fan
>
> I second this. Karajan is your best bet for luxuriousness of sound and
> intensity of expression in stereo. Mravinsky is also good here. You
> may also want to give Rodzinski a try if you can find it.

With or without voice? The Rodzinski with Nilsson is white hot.

--Jeff

gereco

For pure eroticism in music, the Wagner Prelude and Liebestod and a piano work by Ravel have always gotten my vote for the best examples. The Wagner is widely known as such, but I'm not sure the Ravel is. From the "Gaspard de la nuit", the development section of the first movement, Ondine, is a highly suggestive musical orgasm.

In the following recording by Argerich, it "begin's" at 2:50 and grows in intensity at 3:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B...

Gerard

gert <gc@gerriecollins.com> typed:
> For pure eroticism in music, the Wagner Prelude and Liebestod and a
> piano work by Ravel have always gotten my vote for the best examples.
> The Wagner is widely known as such, but I'm not sure the Ravel is.
> From the "Gaspard de la nuit", the development section of the first
> movement, Ondine, is a highly suggestive musical orgasm.

Hardly.
Listen here at 6:10 - 6:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G...

gereco

On Mar 25, 1:36 pm, "Gerard" <g-nospam_hendrik...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> gert <g...@gerriecollins.com> typed:
>
> > For pure eroticism in music, the Wagner Prelude and Liebestod and a
> > piano work by Ravel have always gotten my vote for the best examples.
> > The Wagner is widely known as such, but I'm not sure the Ravel is.
> > From the "Gaspard de la nuit", the development section of the first
> > movement, Ondine, is a highly suggestive musical orgasm.
>
> Hardly.
> Listen here at 6:10 - 6:33
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G...

I'm not sure you know what an orgasm is. :-)

Rachmaninoff has many places in his music, especially for piano that
might suggest such a thing , e.g., The Etude-Tableau in Eb minor, the
climactic phrases of the 2nd mv. of the 2nd piano sonata, mabe even
the lean-in to the big cliamax in the recap, 3rd. mv, of THIS
concerto.

Did you even listen to the Ravel I mentioned? Here's another
recording (betterI think) with an exact spot URLfor the passage I'm
talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mjENMiaf...

herman

On 25 mar, 22:06, gert <g...@gerriecollins.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure you know what an orgasm is.    :-)

Please don't provoke Gerard into a Meg Ryan act.

ChazFx

wagnerfan <ivanmaxim1@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:55:43 -0500, Doug McDonald
> <mcdonald@scs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for the most "erotic" sounding Tristan "Prelude and
>> Liebestod" (the usual orchestral only version) in modern stereo sound.
>> I listened to several on Youtube and clearly like the 1954 Furtwangler
>> the best. The sound is fine ... but unfortunately mono. Suggestions?
>>
>> Doug McDonald
> I am not sure what you mean by erotic in the sound but I think
> Karajan may be what you are looking for. Wagner fan

I would have had Stokowski as my principal suspect, without even knowing if
he recorded it. SURELY he did.
--
Cheers, Terry