Re: Exiting a DialogBox created with FoxGUIb

e aldaz

12/9/2006 6:16:00 PM

Hi Meinrad

I have included the call you mentioned in the funcion
connect and i get the error:

@topwin.handle(@button, FXSEL(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,
Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT), nil)

undefined method `FXSEL' for #<DialogBox:0x7f5e230>

I have also seen mention of using something like:
getApp().stopModal(@topwin, 1)
@topwin.hide
But didn't work for me either
I have included all the code created by the FoxGUIb,
hoping it could make things clearer.

Thanks again !
Eduardo

# source generated by foxGUIb 0.7.1

class DialogBox
def initialize( parent)
construct_widget_tree( parent)
init if respond_to? 'init'
end

def construct_widget_tree( parent)
@topwin=
FX::DialogBox.new(parent){|w|
@dialogBox=w
w.wdg_name='dialogBox'
w.width=137
w.shown=true
w.y=472
w.height=125
w.title="TrackerPod Data"
w.x=-543
FX::HorizontalFrame.new(@dialogBox){|w|
@horizontalframe3=w
w.wdg_name='horizontalframe3'
w.width=137
w.height=30
w.layoutHints=1536
FX::Label.new(@horizontalframe3){|w|
@label_dialog_title=w
w.wdg_name='label_dialog_title'
w.text="TRACKER POD DATA:"

w.font=FX::Font.new.from_s('Tahoma|100|70|5|0|0|0').to_FXFont
w.width=137
w.y=5
w.height=20
w.layoutHints=40
}
}
FX::HorizontalFrame.new(@dialogBox){|w|
@horizontalframe2=w
w.wdg_name='horizontalframe2'
w.width=137
w.y=34
w.height=57
w.layoutHints=1024
FX::VerticalFrame.new(@horizontalframe2){|w|
@verticalframe4=w
w.wdg_name='verticalframe4'
w.width=56
w.height=57
FX::Label.new(@verticalframe4){|w|
@label_lat=w
w.wdg_name='label_lat'
w.text="Lat:"
w.width=23
w.height=17
}
FX::Label.new(@verticalframe4){|w|
@label_lon=w
w.wdg_name='label_lon'
w.text="Lon:"
w.width=25
w.y=17
w.height=17
}
FX::Label.new(@verticalframe4){|w|
@label_heading=w
w.wdg_name='label_heading'
w.text="Heading:"
w.width=47
w.y=34
w.height=17
}
}
FX::VerticalFrame.new(@horizontalframe2){|w|
@verticalframe6=w
w.wdg_name='verticalframe6'
w.width=81
w.height=57
w.x=56
FX::TextField.new(@verticalframe6){|w|
@textfield_lat=w
w.wdg_name='textfield_lat'
w.width=66
w.height=19
w.numColumns=10
}
FX::TextField.new(@verticalframe6){|w|
@textfield_lon=w
w.wdg_name='textfield_lon'
w.width=66
w.y=19
w.height=19
w.numColumns=10
}
FX::TextField.new(@verticalframe6){|w|
@textfield_heading=w
w.wdg_name='textfield_heading'
w.width=66
w.y=38
w.height=19
w.numColumns=10
}
}
}
FX::HorizontalFrame.new(@dialogBox){|w|
@horizontalframe4=w
w.wdg_name='horizontalframe4'
w.width=137
w.y=95
w.height=30
w.layoutHints=3584
FX::VerticalFrame.new(@horizontalframe4){|w|
@verticalframe7=w
w.wdg_name='verticalframe7'
w.width=47
w.height=30
FX::Button.new(@verticalframe7){|w|
@button_ok=w
w.wdg_name='button_ok'
w.text="Ok"
w.width=21
w.y=4
w.height=21
w.layoutHints=40
w.x=13
@button_ok.connect(Fox::SEL_COMMAND){
lat = textfield_lat.text
lon = textfield_lon.text
heading = textfield_heading.text
#No idea how to close the window. something
about ID_ACCEPT

#@topwin.handle(nil,MKUINT(w::ID_ACCEPT,SEL_COMMAND),nil)
#@topwin.handle(@button_ok,
FXINT(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT),
nil)

@topwin.handle(@button_ok,
FXSEL(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT),
nil)
#getApp().stopModal(@topwin, 1)
#@topwin.hide

}
}
}
FX::VerticalFrame.new(@horizontalframe4){|w|
@verticalframe9=w
w.wdg_name='verticalframe9'
w.width=90
w.height=30
w.x=47
FX::Button.new(@verticalframe9){|w|
@button_cancel=w
w.wdg_name='button_cancel'
w.text="Cancel"
w.width=40
w.y=4
w.height=21
w.layoutHints=40
w.x=25
}
}
}
}
end
attr_reader :topwin
attr_reader :dialogBox
attr_reader :horizontalframe3
attr_reader :label_dialog_title
attr_reader :horizontalframe2
attr_reader :verticalframe4
attr_reader :label_lat
attr_reader :label_lon
attr_reader :label_heading
attr_reader :verticalframe6
attr_reader :textfield_lat
attr_reader :textfield_lon
attr_reader :textfield_heading
attr_reader :horizontalframe4
attr_reader :verticalframe7
attr_reader :button_ok
attr_reader :verticalframe9
attr_reader :button_cancel
end

#unit test
if __FILE__==$0
require 'libGUIb16'
app=FX::App.new
w=DialogBox.new app
w.topwin.show(Fox::PLACEMENT_SCREEN)
app.create
app.run

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowy...

16 Answers

Meinrad Recheis

On 12/9/06, e aldaz <ardhazes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Meinrad
>
> I have included the call you mentioned in the funcion
> connect and i get the error:
>
> @topwin.handle(@button, FXSEL(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,
> Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT), nil)
>
> undefined method `FXSEL' for #<DialogBox:0x7f5e230>

yeah, sorry, i forgot to prefix FXSEL with Fox:: like this:

@topwin.handle(@button_ok,
Fox::FXSEL(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT), nil)

-- meinrad

Matthew B. Tepper

wkasimer <wkasimer@comcast.net> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:f34239ed-024c-4321-907e-
d0a5088fb36b@i18g2000vbx.googlegroups.com:

> On Mar 23, 11:26?am, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> It's a nice selection, though Decca could have licensed the complete
>> Cendrillion & Le Cid recordings from Sony for inclusion as well.
>
> As well as Herodiade.
>
> Bill

Yes, if their intention had been to make a comprehensive edition. Rather,
it was to take a bunch of stuff that they already had and throw it into a
bag and make money off it.

I assume there will be no libretti, limiting the usefulness of this set.

Was there ever another recording of "Le portrait de Manon," after that RCA
LP many years back?

--
Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!!
Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/...

wade

On Mar 23, 8:35 am, wkasimer <wkasi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 11:26 am, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > It's a nice selection, though
> > Decca could have licensed the complete Cendrillion & Le Cid recordings
> > from Sony for inclusion as well.
>
> As well as Herodiade.
>
> Bill

Therese would be the 1970s Tourangeau/Bonynge recording. What they
need is one of Navarraise. Too bad nobody is issueing the Sony Popp/
Vanzo recording

ivanmaxim

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:32:16 -0700 (PDT), wade <wadeworks@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 23, 8:35?am, wkasimer <wkasi...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Mar 23, 11:26?am, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > It's a nice selection, though
>> > Decca could have licensed the complete Cendrillion & Le Cid recordings
>> > from Sony for inclusion as well.
>>
>> As well as Herodiade.
>>
>> Bill
>
>Therese would be the 1970s Tourangeau/Bonynge recording. What they
>need is one of Navarraise. Too bad nobody is issueing the Sony Popp/
>Vanzo recording
Yes its far better than the Horne version - hopefully they will have
libretti available on the company site for the operas, if not the
inclusion of the rarely performed ones is pointless. (unless one goes
to ebay or amazon to buy the LP or CD versions that came with
libretti) Wagner fan

mark

On Mar 23, 8:35 am, wkasimer <wkasi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 11:26 am, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > It's a nice selection, though
> > Decca could have licensed the complete Cendrillion & Le Cid recordings
> > from Sony for inclusion as well.
>
> As well as Herodiade.
>
> Bill

That may have been a difficult recording to license from EMI as it's
from the digital age. Herodiade was probably THE Massenet opera that
opera fans bemoaned not having a recording of for many years. Once it
finally got recorded and issued, it probably didn't sell all that
well.

2012 marks the centenary of Massnet's death. I would imagine that EMI
has their own edition in the works.

mark

On Mar 23, 10:39 am, wagnerfan <ivanmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:32:16 -0700 (PDT), wade <wadewo...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> As well as Herodiade.
>
> >> Bill
>
> >Therese would be the 1970s Tourangeau/Bonynge recording.  What they
> >need is one of Navarraise. Too bad nobody is issueing the Sony Popp/
> >Vanzo recording
>
>  Yes its far better than the Horne version - hopefully they will have
> libretti available on the company site for the operas, if not the
> inclusion of the rarely performed ones is pointless. (unless one goes
> to ebay or amazon to buy the LP or CD versions that came with
> libretti)  Wagner fan

I have actually performed in a staged version of La Navarraise (aka,
"La Navarraise au soleil," as we called it) with Connecticut Grand
Opera back in the early 90s. It was a double bill with Bizet's
Djamileh. Both operas warrant being performed more often than they are.

ivanmaxim

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:46:48 -0700 (PDT), Mark S
<markstenroos@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mar 23, 10:39?am, wagnerfan <ivanmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:32:16 -0700 (PDT), wade <wadewo...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Therese would be the 1970s Tourangeau/Bonynge recording. ?What they
>> >need is one of Navarraise. Too bad nobody is issueing the Sony Popp/
>> >Vanzo recording
>>
>> ?Yes its far better than the Horne version - hopefully they will have
>> libretti available on the company site for the operas, if not the
>> inclusion of the rarely performed ones is pointless. (unless one goes
>> to ebay or amazon to buy the LP or CD versions that came with
>> libretti) ?Wagner fan
>

>I have actually performed in a staged version of La Navarraise (aka,
>"La Navarraise au soleil," as we called it) with Connecticut Grand
>Opera back in the early 90s. It was a double bill with Bizet's
>Djamileh. Both operas warrant being performed more often than they are.
Its a wonderful work and the Popp version is white hot - she is
really incredible. Wagner fan

wkasimer

On Mar 23, 2:46 pm, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have actually performed in a staged version of La Navarraise (aka,
> "La Navarraise au soleil," as we called it) with Connecticut Grand
> Opera back in the early 90s. It was a double bill with Bizet's
> Djamileh. Both operas warrant being performed more often than they are.

Perhaps you could convince Domingo to champion them, in order to add
to his total of roles sung?

;-)

Bill

wkasimer

On Mar 23, 2:42 pm, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That may have been a difficult recording to license from EMI as it's
> from the digital age. Herodiade was probably THE Massenet opera that
> opera fans bemoaned not having a recording of for many years. Once it
> finally got recorded and issued, it probably didn't sell all that
> well.

You're probably right, although part of the reason was, no doubt, that
Sony issued a recording of the opera within a month or two of the EMI,
featuring Renee Fleming.

Bill

mark

On Mar 23, 12:16 pm, wkasimer <wkasi...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:46 pm, Mark S <markstenr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I have actually performed in a staged version of La Navarraise (aka,
> > "La Navarraise au soleil," as we called it) with Connecticut Grand
> > Opera back in the early 90s. It was a double bill with Bizet's
> > Djamileh. Both operas warrant being performed more often than they are.
>
> Perhaps you could convince Domingo to champion them, in order to add
> to his total of roles sung?
>
> ;-)
>
> Bill

Domingo did sing the tenor lead on the RCA recording of La Navarraise.
The only recording I know of Djamileh is on Orfeo, which features
Franco Bonisolli in the lead, and Bonisolli is a tenor that Domingo
doesn't stand a chance against when compared role to role.