ruby hosting

Boguslaw Faja

12/9/2006 2:36:00 PM

It's my first post to this group, so hello everybody ;-)

From a few days I'm learning ruby and i'm really full of respect to the
people making it. I think it's amazing language, with many, many things I
couldn't find i.e. in PHP, JAVA, and probably in the future i'll "ruby
developer" in full meaning of this words.

But now I need a Ruby hosting (Ruby on Rails), and for my tests this could
be a free hosting. Advertisments can be. ;-)

Could you suggest me something? And if I would buy place on server, what
hosting provider should I choose?

Best Regards
Boguslaw Faja
2 Answers

Trans

Boguslaw Faja wrote:
> It's my first post to this group, so hello everybody ;-)
>
> From a few days I'm learning ruby and i'm really full of respect to the
> people making it. I think it's amazing language, with many, many things I
> couldn't find i.e. in PHP, JAVA, and probably in the future i'll "ruby
> developer" in full meaning of this words.
>
> But now I need a Ruby hosting (Ruby on Rails), and for my tests this could
> be a free hosting. Advertisments can be. ;-)
>
> Could you suggest me something? And if I would buy place on server, what
> hosting provider should I choose?

there are plenty of optons. i enjoy site5 myself.

t.

David Vallner

Boguslaw Faja wrote:
> But now I need a Ruby hosting (Ruby on Rails), and for my tests this could
> be a free hosting. Advertisments can be. ;-)
>
> Could you suggest me something? And if I would buy place on server, what
> hosting provider should I choose?

For only personal code (a notepad wiki etc.), get some nontrivial uplink
(my cable provider gives me 45 kB/s, more than enough for Random Hacks
(tm)) and a domain name?

It definitely clears up any issues with getting library / rails plugin
XY installed. I'm also sure there's gotchas involved, but I'll think
about it if I ever get DoSed.

David Vallner