Re: Execute environment - rake aborted! - no such file to load -- openssl

dave .

12/8/2006 5:01:00 PM

How would I check that the ruby-openssl bindings are installed?
Are the bindings usually installed with ruby?
Where can I download the bindings?
I have searched on the web for the bindings without success

>From: Alex Young <alex@blackkettle.org>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Re: Execute environment - rake aborted! - no such file to load --
>openssl
>Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 01:33:28 +0900
>
>dave . wrote:
>>Env: Ruby 1.8.5, Linux RedHat 7.3
>>
>>openssl is installed but ruby still displays an error
>>
>>root@server [~]# openssl version
>>OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006
>>
>Just to be clear, you need *both* the openssl package, *and* the
>ruby-openssl bindings to be installed. If you haven't checked that you've
>got both, it may be what's tripping you up. I remember having exactly this
>problem on Debian.
>
>--
>Alex
>
>>root@server [~]# ruby -rubygems -e "require 'payment'"
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
>>`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- openssl (LoadError)
>> from
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
>>`require'
>> from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/https.rb:102
>> from
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
>>`gem_original_require'
>> from
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
>>`require'
>> from
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/payment-1.0.1/lib/payment.rb:29
>> from
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:33:in
>>`gem_original_require'
>> from
>>/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:33:in
>>`require'
>> from -e:1
>>
>>>From: "Jan Svitok" <jan.svitok@gmail.com>
>>>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>>>Subject: Re: Execute environment - rake aborted! - no such file to load
>>>-- openssl
>>>Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:22:55 +0900

>>>The openssl package is missing in your system. It is required by
>>>'payment' gem. The solution depends on the distribution you are using.
>>>Try searching for ruby-openssl or something similar.
>>>
>>>You can check if you have fixed the issue by running just
>>>
>>>ruby -rubygems -e "require 'payment'"
>>>
>>>instead of the whole rails stuff.

>>Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!
>>Telus Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from
>>November 20 to December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN)
>>Messenger to your IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a
>>winner! http://www.telusmobility.co...

Download now! Visit http://www.telusmobility.co... to enter and see
how cool it is to get Messenger with you on your cell phone.
http://www.telusmobility.co...

1 Answer

Jano Svitok

On 12/8/06, dave . <vancouverhg@hotmail.com> wrote:
> How would I check that the ruby-openssl bindings are installed?
> Are the bindings usually installed with ruby?
> Where can I download the bindings?
> I have searched on the web for the bindings without success

You said you are on linux. The important thing to know is your
distribution and how did you install ruby - from source or from a
package.