[rake] "--directory" patch

Andrea Fazzi

12/7/2006 8:06:00 AM

Hi all,

I prepared a patch for lib/rake.rb in order to include a new option in
rake: the '--directory' option ('-D' for short). The '-D' option in rake
is like the '-C' option in make:

-C DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY Change to DIRECTORY before doing
anything.

I find this option very useful when I want to execute tasks contained in
a Rakefile positioned somewhere in the filesystem, outside the current
rake command execution dir. So I decided to submit this patch to the
rake development mailing list (but I didn't get any answer) and to your
attention. I hope this new option will included in a future release of rake!

Thanks.
Andrea

1641a1642,1643