puts overwrite line

Raymond O'connor

I have a script where I want to print the same line over and over
(overwriting itself I guess you would say) without creating a new line
everytime. Basically so I can output a simple count tally of the number
of records my script has processed. Hopefully that makes sense. Is
there a way to do this?
Thanks,
Ray

Harold Hausman

On 12/7/06, Raymond O'connor <nappin713@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a script where I want to print the same line over and over
> (overwriting itself I guess you would say) without creating a new line
> everytime. Basically so I can output a simple count tally of the number
> of records my script has processed. Hopefully that makes sense. Is
> there a way to do this?
> Thanks,
> Ray

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/ef954c...

hth,
-Harold

Farrel Lifson

On 07/12/06, Raymond O'connor <nappin713@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a script where I want to print the same line over and over
> (overwriting itself I guess you would say) without creating a new line
> everytime. Basically so I can output a simple count tally of the number
> of records my script has processed. Hopefully that makes sense. Is
> there a way to do this?
> Thanks,
> Ray

You're probably goint to need console UI lib like Highline
(http://highline.ruby...) or ncurses
(http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ncu...).

Farrel

Raymond O'connor