Is there any package , library for "Design by Contract"?

Ashkan Roshanayi

12/6/2006 1:41:00 PM

Hi all,
This is my first post here. As you know the "Design by contract"
subject is not new. It is specially in attention in Eiffel and also
there are many java libraries as iContract for this purpose.
I want to know is there any equivalent feature in Ruby?

Logan Capaldo

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:41:12PM +0900, Ashkan Roshanayi wrote:
> Hi all,
> This is my first post here. As you know the "Design by contract"
> subject is not new. It is specially in attention in Eiffel and also
> there are many java libraries as iContract for this purpose.
> I want to know is there any equivalent feature in Ruby?

Yep. Check rubyforge, I believe you have multiple options.

Brian McCallister

Here is another that works pretty well:

http://split-s.blogspot.com/2006/02/design-by-contract-for...

-Brian

On Dec 6, 2006, at 5:41 AM, Ashkan Roshanayi wrote:

> Hi all,
> This is my first post here. As you know the "Design by contract"
> subject is not new. It is specially in attention in Eiffel and also
> there are many java libraries as iContract for this purpose.
> I want to know is there any equivalent feature in Ruby?

fyreflye

On Jan 25, 4:48 am, herman <her...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 25 jan, 13:39, pianomaven <1pianoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4927078?site...
>
> > She's ravishingly beautiful, I'll hand her that.
>
> > TD
>
> what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>
> Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>
> It doesn't work that way.

It does if you're Chinese with a name most Westerners would stumble
over, like Zhu Xiao-Mei.

CharlesSmith

On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:48:38 PM UTC, herman wrote:
> On 25 jan, 13:39, pianomaven <1pian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4927078?site...
> >
> > She's ravishingly beautiful, I'll hand her that.
> >
> > TD
>
> what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>
> Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>
> It doesn't work that way.

There's H K Gruber

Charles

MiNe 109

In article
<060de475-439c-4c83-92e9-4f32e171285e@s7g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
herman <herstx@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 25 jan, 13:39, pianomaven <1pianoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4927078?site...
> >
> > She's ravishingly beautiful, I'll hand her that.
> >
> > TD
>
> what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>
> Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>
> It doesn't work that way.

Professor I. Kant.

Stephen

Matthew B. Tepper

MiNe 109 <smcelroy2@POPaustin.rr.com> appears to have caused the
following letters to be typed in news:smcelroy2-C6B18A.09224725012012@
5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com:

> In article
><060de475-439c-4c83-92e9-4f32e171285e@s7g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
> herman <herstx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 jan, 13:39, pianomaven <1pianoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4927078?site...
>> >
>> > She's ravishingly beautiful, I'll hand her that.
>> >
>> > TD
>>
>> what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>>
>> Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>>
>> It doesn't work that way.
>
> Professor I. Kant.
>
> Stephen

To solve this problem would take the wisdom of Solomon.

Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/...
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers

MiNe 109

In article
<060de475-439c-4c83-92e9-4f32e171285e@s7g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
herman <herstx@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 25 jan, 13:39, pianomaven <1pianoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4927078?site...
> >
> > She's ravishingly beautiful, I'll hand her that.
> >
> > TD
>
> what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>
> Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>
> It doesn't work that way.

K.T. Tunstall, kd lang, BW Stevenson, M. Emmett Walsh, A Martinez, S.
Epatha Merkerson.

Stephen

Matthew B. Tepper

MiNe 109 <smcelroy2@POPaustin.rr.com> appears to have caused the
following letters to be typed in news:smcelroy2-0ECC93.09290125012012@
5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com:

> In article
><060de475-439c-4c83-92e9-4f32e171285e@s7g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
> herman <herstx@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 jan, 13:39, pianomaven <1pianoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4927078?site...
>> >
>> > She's ravishingly beautiful, I'll hand her that.
>> >
>> > TD
>>
>> what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>>
>> Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>>
>> It doesn't work that way.
>
> K.T. Tunstall, kd lang, BW Stevenson, M. Emmett Walsh, A Martinez, S.
> Epatha Merkerson.
>
> Stephen

A. Whitney Brown, who likes to remark that he hopes someday to be known as
THE Whitney Brown.

--
Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!!
Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/...
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers.

Kip Williams

Matthew B. Tepper wrote:

> A. Whitney Brown, who likes to remark that he hopes someday to be known as
> THE Whitney Brown.

I miss seeing him around. He was like a thinking man's Dennis Miller.

Kip W

Oscar Williamson

On Jan 25, 7:29 am, MiNe 109 wrote:

> > what a strange thing to do, as a performing artist, these initials.
>
> > Imagine: M. Pollini; K. Zimerman; A. Rubinstein; Mme M. Argerich.
>
> > It doesn't work that way.
>
> K.T. Tunstall, kd lang, BW Stevenson, M. Emmett Walsh, A Martinez, S.
> Epatha Merkerson.

Popular solo artist and half of the duo She & Him, M. Ward.