Komodo issue

Cyrus Ghalambor

12/1/2006 11:55:00 PM

I'm trying to make an http conenction (to scrape a website) from within
Komodo and am getting a ECONNREFUSED error:

Example:
require "open-uri"
open("http://www.yahoo...)

But I can open a terminal session and use the ruby interpreter and make
the http connection and get a complete response back from the site. What
do you think the problem here could be?

Paul Lutus

Cyrus Ghalambor wrote:

> I'm trying to make an http conenction (to scrape a website) from within
> Komodo and am getting a ECONNREFUSED error:
>
> Example:
> require "open-uri"
> open("http://www.yahoo...)
>
> But I can open a terminal session and use the ruby interpreter and make
> the http connection and get a complete response back from the site. What
> do you think the problem here could be?

I can only see one problem. You have started a new thread for an existing
problem. Many people offered suggestions, no one knows whether you took the
advice, but you have decided to create a new thread, so though no one has
helped you.

Did you take the offered advice to use telnet to verify that the site is
reachable from your computer? Did you make any recent changes to your
system, network configuration or ISP service? How do you know you don't
have a proxy problem?

These are the same questions I asked before, but didn't get answers to.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.ara...

Cyrus Ghalambor

Hi Paul,

I introduced a new thread because the old thread somehow implied that
there may be a problem with a setting on my machine or general network
environement. The latest test shows that not to be the case and strongly
points to Komodo as the culprit.

I am behind a firewall, but not sure if I'm behind a proxy. And I've
checked to make sure Komodo is set up for direct internet access (i.e.
no proxy). Also, in the original thread I tried to make it clear that
the site we're talking about is Yahoo or Google which are always up. And
that I don't have a problem browsing.

Thanks for your time.

Cyrus Ghalambor

I reinstalled Komodo (and made sure to remove all the prefs) and now it
works. Thanks everyone for your help in resolving this.

spammer

Can you tell who the paranoid nutjobs are in this thread?