Combining PDF and XML files into PDF

Bill Walton

12/1/2006 5:44:00 PM

My app reads an XML file into my database, allows editing the content,
then produces a new XML file and, optionally, a PDF file from the same
data. I'm currently using REXML to readin the XML file, Builder to
write the new XML file out, and PDF::Writer to write the PDF file.

Now I need to put the XML data into the PDF file and have the result
conform to the Adobe spec for that. I'd really appreciate any
suggestions re: the best / easiest approach to 'get there from here'.

TIA,
Bill

1 Answer

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:45:11AM +0900, bill walton wrote:
> My app reads an XML file into my database, allows editing the content,
> then produces a new XML file and, optionally, a PDF file from the same
> data. I'm currently using REXML to readin the XML file, Builder to
> write the new XML file out, and PDF::Writer to write the PDF file.
>
> Now I need to put the XML data into the PDF file and have the result
> conform to the Adobe spec for that. I'd really appreciate any
> suggestions re: the best / easiest approach to 'get there from here'.

For PDF Creation take a look at PDF::Writer

- http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/...

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy@hinegardner.org