[ANN] hoe 1.1.6 Released

Eric Hodel

11/29/2006 11:08:00 PM

hoe version 1.1.6 has been released!

http://rubyforge.org/projects/...
http://seattlerb.rubyforg...
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com

Hoe is a simple rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It
generates all the usual tasks for projects including rdoc generation,
testing, packaging, and deployment.

Tasks Provided:

* announce - Generate email announcement file and post to
rubyforge.
* audit - Run ZenTest against the package
* check_manifest - Verify the manifest
* clean - Clean up all the extras
* debug_gem - Show information about the gem.
* default - Run the default tasks
* docs - Build the docs HTML Files
* email - Generate email announcement file.
* install - Install the package. Uses PREFIX and RUBYLIB
* install_gem - Install the package as a gem
* multi - Run the test suite using multiruby
* package - Build all the packages
* post_news - Post announcement to rubyforge.
* publish_docs - Publish RDoc to RubyForge
* release - Package and upload the release to rubyforge.
* ridocs - Generate ri locally for testing
* test - Run the test suite. Use FILTER to add to the
command line.
* test_deps - Show which test files fail when run alone.
* uninstall - Uninstall the package.

See class rdoc for help. Hint: ri Hoe

Changes:

= 1.1.6 2006-11-29

* Fix release to work correctly with need_zip and need_tar.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

I LIT YOUR GEM ON FIRE!

3 Answers

Del

On Nov 17, 2:45 pm, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@myfairpoint.net>
wrote:
> On Nov 17, 1:07 pm, Bounce <skipnew...@fnlawtx.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 17, 10:02 am, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@myfairpoint.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Seems like most games hover around 8.0. Does that make sense that a
> > > Pinbot is as fun as a Congo or T2? Seems more like the rankings are as
> > > the game stacks up against other games of similar vintage.
>
> > > -Tom
>
> > >http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinbal.......
>
> > Those rankings go up and down.  The comments are often informative,
> > however, and can sometimes show if the rating is based on the
> > vintage.  For many, its an ego thing...wanting their games to be
> > highly rated.  For others, it's an opportunity to slam games they
> > don't like.
>
> How accurate do you think the Treasure Cove survey is. Seems
> informative to me.
>
> -Tom
>
> http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinbal......- Hide quoted text -

I rank the TC raking a lot higher than any of the others since it was
" Us" that voted on those .

Pin-Del,
cargpb28

Bounce

On Nov 17, 1:45 pm, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@myfairpoint.net>
wrote:
> On Nov 17, 1:07 pm, Bounce <skipnew...@fnlawtx.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 17, 10:02 am, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@myfairpoint.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Seems like most games hover around 8.0. Does that make sense that a
> > > Pinbot is as fun as a Congo or T2? Seems more like the rankings are as
> > > the game stacks up against other games of similar vintage.
>
> > > -Tom
>
> > >http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinbal.......
>
> > Those rankings go up and down.  The comments are often informative,
> > however, and can sometimes show if the rating is based on the
> > vintage.  For many, its an ego thing...wanting their games to be
> > highly rated.  For others, it's an opportunity to slam games they
> > don't like.
>
> How accurate do you think the Treasure Cove survey is. Seems
> informative to me.
>
> -Tom
>
> http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinbal......- Hide quoted text -

I think the Treasure Cove Survey approach is a good one, but it is
really focused upon the higher end pins and it too goes up and down
over the years. What I like about IPDB is that if you discard the
ratings which have no or little comment, you get a pretty good feel
for what's good and what's not. To the extent that IPDB accepts
ratings with no comment, the rating has no rhyme or reason and hence
has little value.

wesley

On Nov 17, 2:45 pm, Bounce <skipnew...@fnlawtx.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 1:45 pm, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@myfairpoint.net>
> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 17, 1:07 pm, Bounce <skipnew...@fnlawtx.com> wrote:

> > > Those rankings go up and down.  The comments are often informative,
> > > however, and can sometimes show if the rating is based on the
> > > vintage.  For many, its an ego thing...wanting their games to be
> > > highly rated.  For others, it's an opportunity to slam games they
> > > don't like.
>
> > How accurate do you think the Treasure Cove survey is. Seems
> > informative to me.
>
> > -Tom
>
> >http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinbal......Hide quoted text -

> I think the Treasure Cove Survey approach is a good one, but it is
> really focused upon the higher end pins and it too goes up and down
> over the years.  What I like about IPDB is that if you discard the
> ratings which have no or little comment, you get a pretty good feel
> for what's good and what's not.  To the extent that IPDB accepts
> ratings with no comment, the rating has no rhyme or reason and hence
> has little value.- Hide quoted text -

I use IPDB for initial research but realize ultimately it's how much I
like game that matters to me as I'm looking for a game for my family
and myself, not to use as a money maker . If really interested, I
look at Pinside and ask others here at RGP what they think of a
certain game for home use.