ruby editor

Dilip Bv

11/29/2006 5:18:00 AM

please suggest me the good editor for ruby.

James Britt

Dilip Bv wrote:
> please suggest me the good editor for ruby.

Vi!

No, Emacs!

No, TextMate!

No, Eclipse!

Actually, please search the mailing list archives; this is a *well*
covered topic.

James Britt (vim user)

Paul Lutus

Dilip Bv wrote:

> please suggest me the good editor for ruby.

This is like asking a group of strangers to tell you what kind of woman to
marry. What could be more personal and idiosyncratic than choosing a
programming editor?

There are many good ones, and you haven't told us which platform you are on.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.ara...

Devin Mullins

Paul Lutus wrote:
> This is like asking a group of strangers to tell you what kind of woman to
> marry. What could be more personal and idiosyncratic than choosing a
> programming editor?
>
> There are many good ones, and you haven't told us which platform you are on.
I read that last sentence as:
"There are many types of people, and you haven't told us whether you're
into blondes, brunettes, or redheads."

Devin