[ADV] Update to AWDwR (and a special offer

Dave Thomas

11/28/2006 5:02:00 PM

Folks:

The final version of Agile Web Development with Rails went to the
printer last Friday. This means that the paper book will start
shipping sometime around December 15.

You might want to grab the latest version of the PDF version of the
book, P1.00. This is the version that will appear in print.

If you originally bought just the PDF, but would now like to own the
paper book as well, we have a special offer. When you follow the link
to update your PDF, you'll find instructions at the end of the
process for getting a large discount on the paper book--you'll be
getting it at the same price as you'd have paid had you bought a
combo pack initially. (Because we're getting close to Christmas, I'd
recommend choosing priority shipping to maximize your chances of
getting the book before the holidays.)

This book has been a long time in the making. I'd like to thank you
all for your support, encouragement, and great suggestions.

Regards

Dave Thomas

30 Answers

laraine

On Dec 27, 3:20 pm, bassppn <abachr...@att.net> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 4:08 pm, Dufus <steveha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To be released Jan.12, Joshua Bell and Jeremy Denk play the Saint-
> > Saens, Franck, Ravel sonatas :
>
> >http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album...
>
> > Anyone here heard these guys live together on one of their several
> > tours ? Thanks.
>
> > Dufus
>
> not together but Denk is just ordinary....... great pesonality
>
> AB

I heard a "Red Violin" CD that
included Denk and Bell playing
Corigliano's Violin Sonata, and
it was extremely good, very three-
dimensional. They seemed to have
planned it out very carefully.

(That's another movie I'd like to
see.)

C.

td

On Dec 27, 4:20 pm, bassppn <abachr...@att.net> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 4:08 pm, Dufus <steveha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To be released Jan.12, Joshua Bell and Jeremy Denk play the Saint-
> > Saens, Franck, Ravel sonatas :
>
> >http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album...
>
> > Anyone here heard these guys live together on one of their several
> > tours ? Thanks.
>
> > Dufus
>
> not together but Denk is just ordinary....... great pesonality

I am trying to imagine someone with no personality who is
extraordinary.

Really, Arri, you come up with some of the stupidest comments in this
forum. Really, just plain ignorant.

TD

The Historian

On Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:20:27 PM UTC-5, Dufus wrote:
> On Dec 27, 3:20 pm, bassppn <abac...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > not together but Denk is just ordinary....... great pesonality
> >
> > AB
>
> The professional critics say otherwise about Denk, Arri, and I have a
> mighty good live "Concord" and "Hammerklavier " ; played in the same
> recital !
>
> Dufus

There are several Denk performances for download from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum website.

Rugby

On Dec 28, 6:59 am, The Historian <neil.thehistor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are several Denk performances for download from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum website.

Thanks, I had forgottent that wonderful site ; would you be so kind as
to post a link, again ? Thanks !

Dufus

Gerard

Dufus <stevehaufe@gmail.com> typed:
> On Dec 28, 6:59 am, The Historian <neil.thehistor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > There are several Denk performances for download from the Isabella
> > Stewart Gardner Museum website.
>
> Thanks, I had forgottent that wonderful site ; would you be so kind as
> to post a link, again ? Thanks !
>
> Dufus

Did you already try http://www.gardnerm... ?

(It's the first hit when using Google.)

Rugby

On Dec 28, 7:15 am, "Gerard" <ghe_nospam-ndrik...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Did you already tryhttp://www.gardnermu...
>
> (It's the first hit when using Google.)

Thanks, Gerard. Good to know I have someone else to tell " fetch it
".

Dufus

bassppn

On Dec 28, 7:53 am, td <tomdedea...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 4:20 pm, bassppn <abachr...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 27, 4:08 pm, Dufus <steveha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > To be released Jan.12, Joshua Bell and Jeremy Denk play the Saint-
> > > Saens, Franck, Ravel sonatas :
>
> > >http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album...
>
> > > Anyone here heard these guys live together on one of their several
> > > tours ? Thanks.
>
> > > Dufus
>
> > not together but Denk is just ordinary....... great pesonality
>
> I am trying to imagine someone with no personality who is
> extraordinary.

not you, for sure

> Really, Arri, you come up with some of the stupidest comments in this
> forum. Really, just plain ignorant.
>
> TD

I was trying to describe you......... did you not recognize that?
Maybe you are more stupd than I give you credit for.

AB

td

On Dec 28, 1:27 pm, bassppn <abachr...@att.net> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 7:53 am, td <tomdedea...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > not together but Denk is just ordinary....... great pesonality
>
> > I am trying to imagine someone with no personality who is
> > extraordinary.
>
> not you, for sure
>
> > Really, Arri, you come up with some of the stupidest comments in this
> > forum. Really, just plain ignorant.
>
> > TD
>
> I was trying to describe you......... did you not recognize that?
> Maybe you are more stupd than I give you credit for.

Well, I can certainly spell better.

But I would suggest that dragging a fine young musician like Jeremy
Denk into your petty little hissy-fit against me is, well, not only
unfair but rather mean. Indeed, it is despicable, given the difficulty
young musicians have to establish themselves today.

TD

John Wiser

"td" tomdedeacon@mac.com fumeth:
> But I would suggest that dragging a fine young musician like Jeremy
> Denk into your petty little hissy-fit against me is, well, not only
> unfair but rather mean. Indeed, it is despicable, given the difficulty
> young musicians have to establish themselves today.

Let's put this in perspective, Tomasito!
How much influence in the music world
d'ye think is commanded by
this superannuated twigsucker?

JDW

td

On Dec 28, 9:14 pm, "John Wiser" <ceec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "td" tomdedea...@mac.com fumeth:
> >
> > But I would suggest that dragging a fine young musician like Jeremy
> > Denk into your petty little hissy-fit against me is, well, not only
> > unfair but rather mean. Indeed, it is despicable, given the difficulty
> > young musicians have to establish themselves today.
>
> Let's put this in perspective, Tomasito!
> How much influence in the music world
> d'ye think is commanded by
> this superannuated twigsucker?

Not a lot.

But the point is still valid. Some people, John are highly vulnerable
to opinions of others. What they read they actually believe.

TD