MI5 Persecution: the BBC, television and radio

MI5-Victim

11/28/2006 1:39:00 PM

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=
-= the BBC, television and radio -=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=

The first incident in June 1990 was when a BBC newsreader made what seemed
to be a reaction to something which had happened in my home, and out of
context of what they were reading. My first reaction was disbelief; nothing
of the sort had ever happened before, the idea that such a thing could
occur had not crossed my mind, yet there was no doubt of what had just
taken place. My disbelief eroded as this recurred time after time. Besides
the news, offenders included shows such as Crimewatch (!), Newsnight, and
"entertainment" shows. There seems to be very little moral understanding
among the people who make these programmes; they just assume they will
never be caught, so they carry on without a thought for the illegality or
amorality of what they do. The only time I ever heard a word raised in
doubt was by Paxman being interviewed by someone else (I think by Clive
Anderson) back in 1990; referring to the "watching" he said it troubled
him, and when asked by the host what you could do about it, replied "Well,
you could just switch it off" (meaning the surveillance monitor in the
studio). He clearly didn't let his doubts stand in the way of continued
surreptitious spying from his own or other people's shows, though.

Now you're convinced this is a troll, aren't you? This story has been the
subject of much debate on the uk.* Usenet newsgroups for over a year, and
some readers believe it to be an invention (it has even been suggested that
a group of psychology students are responsible!), others think it
symptomatic of a derangement of the author, and a few give it credence.
Quite a few people do know part or all of the story already, so this text
will fill in the gaps in their knowledge. For the rest, what may persuade
you of the third possibility is that some of the incidents detailed are
checkable against any archives of radio and TV programmes that exist; that
the incidents involve named people (even if those hiding in the shadows
have not made their identity or affiliations evident), and those people
may be persuaded to come out with the truth; and that the campaign of
harassment is continuing today both in the UK and on the American
continent, in a none-too-secret fashion; by its nature the significant risk
of exposure increases with time.

On several occasions people said to my face that harassment from the TV was
happening. On the first day I worked in Oxford, I spent the evening in the
local pub with the company's technical director Ian, and Phil, another
employee. Ian made a few references to me and said to Phil, as if in an
aside, "Is he the bloke who's been on TV?" to which Phil replied, "Yes, I
think so".

I made a number of efforts to find the bugs, without success; last year we
employed professional counter-surveillance people to scan for bugs (see
later) again without result. In autumn 1990 I disposed of my TV and watched
virtually no television for the next three years. But harassment from TV
stations has gone on for over six years and continues to this day. This is
something that many people obviously know is happening; yet the TV staff
have the morality of paedophiles, that because they're getting away with it
they feel no wrong.

Other people who were involved in the abuse in 1990 were DJs on BBC radio
stations, notably disc jockeys from Radio 1 and other stations (see the
following section). Again, since they don't have sense in the first place
they can't be expect to have the moral sense not to be part of criminal
harassment.

Joe Jet

On Nov 17, 11:14 am, Max Pinball <maxp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> fortunately for me I am not a home user and my machine is out and will
> be out for years to come.
>
> If I bought it for home use I would be really steaming.
>
> Bottom line - I will not buy new games from Stern and be the early
> adoptor.
>
> I am also writing a nice letter to Replay Magazine, so look out for
> that.
>
> Max

I agree that waiting would be best for all involved...(except maybe
stern)

I certainly understand the frustration, but it happens all the time...
my Audi Nav system didnt come with a harddrive, then months later it
DID and it was the same price. You can buy any product and a newer
one will come out and its got upgrades and cheaper.

What would REALLY suck is if you bought something you were TOLD had
certain features and then when you got it it was stripped down, like
if you bought a BDK after being told it had metal apron/brackets and
then you got a plastic apron/pegs! (oh wait, that happened to me...)

Les Manley

On Nov 17, 10:14 am, Max Pinball <maxp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> fortunately for me I am not a home user and my machine is out and will
> be out for years to come.
>
> If I bought it for home use I would be really steaming.
>
> Bottom line - I will not buy new games from Stern and be the early
> adoptor.
>
> I am also writing a nice letter to Replay Magazine, so look out for
> that.
>
> Max

I think people here are blowing this way out of proportion. The
limited edition game is to cater to the home collector's, not ops. It
was announced that this was the direction Stern was going months ago.
Should they have announced it before? I would have, but they did make
the original announcement so can't say it came out of nowhere. And by
no means does the LE version make the pro version a "lite" version by
default. The found things to strip out of the already barren IM, so
they can easily and probably will, strip Avatar and make a lite
version of that too. There is a significant price difference as well,
it isn't like they are selling the LE for the same price as the pro,
you have to pay way more for it. The biggest point of all is that no
one knows what "additional" modes or gameplay will be added. You know
Stern, it will most likely be a double scoring single sensor for the
"white ball" and that's it. TAF Gold only had the Cousin IT random
awards, a plaque and ugly bumper caps. Everyone just calm down and
wait until you have something to really complain about.

Lloyd Olson

I'd disagree with that. The person who started this thread is an op, who
cares about his customers. LTG :)

"Les Manley" <inetdvd@gmail.com> wrote in message

I think people here are blowing this way out of proportion. The
limited edition game is to cater to the home collector's, not ops.

Max Pinball

I agree with Les and really think it is laughable. It's really
entirely meaningless to me.

But why, oh why would I ever buy another game right away? why, would
I? I would just be foolish to do it.

How dumb can Gary Stern be? How dumb can the investors in Stern and
the marketing folks be?

I for one hope this move really hurts them. Like I said, I do not need
new machines to run my business.

Max

goatdan

On Nov 17, 11:07 am, Max Pinball <maxp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Les and really think it is laughable. It's really
> entirely meaningless to me.
>
> But why, oh why would I ever buy another game right away? why, would
> I? I would just be foolish to do it.
>
> How dumb can Gary Stern be? How dumb can the investors in Stern and
> the marketing folks be?
>
> I for one hope this move really hurts them. Like I said, I do not need
> new machines to run my business.

Max,

I don't know you or your route, so pardon me if this sounds really
ignorant, but are you angry because you feel that the Avatar LE will
earn enough additional money beyond what the standard Avatar earned
that it would have been worth the wait? I've been sort of following
this thread, and with you being an operator, I guess I'm just a bit
confused about why you're so angry about this. You said in this
thread somewhere that you had planned on buying other machines, but
now you won't -- if that is the case, why not buy an Avatar LE with
the money that you would have spent on additional IM and BBH pins and
have the best of both worlds?

I get the disappointment with the home collectors who recently
purchased an Avatar LE. I guess I'm more baffled by your anger over
it and would love to understand it.

Thanks!

The Hammer

in article 9PqdnZWml7zJl3nRnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@skypoint.com, Lloyd Olson at
ltg@ssbilliards.com wrote on 11/17/10 9:01 AM:

> I'd disagree with that. The person who started this thread is an op, who
> cares about his customers. LTG :)
>
> "Les Manley" <inetdvd@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> I think people here are blowing this way out of proportion. The
> limited edition game is to cater to the home collector's, not ops.

With all due respect, how does Stern coming out with a new and improved
version cause a problem for the Ops customers?

The customers will feel cheated because there is something a little better
out there and they cannot play it?

If that is the case, I don't see it.

Max Pinball

As I already said, I have no issues if the game has different art or
rails or plaques, etc. I never even thought twice about the BSM.
However, if Stern changes rules and mechanical devices, this is a huge
area of concern for me. I want the fully loaded game for myself, my
players and will accept nothing short of that.

There is no way in hell that I will ever buy a new Stern machine again
until it is at least a year or more into production. I would advise
any and all homeowners to wait at least 6 months to a year.

Stern is just plain old dumb. You don't know how many flipper
transistors have blown out on me and I don't send in for warranty
work, I just fix the thing. Their new leaf switches are crap and break
after 6 months, I just change them from my stock. The flippers
linkages on NBA are crap and needed replacing after 3 months under
barely any usage. Operators hardly bother Stern and yet they nickel
and dime me on the upgrade parts they change at the factory after the
runs have been in production for a few months.

Avatar had two or more factory "fixes", Iron Man had at least one I
know of (and they refused to send me the upgraded bracket that makes
it easier to work on the Iron Monger), NBA one, etc.

There is no reason to buy a machine until it is truly tested.

Anyone else interested in writing letters to the editor of Replay
Magazine should feel free:

Steve White
P.O. Box 572829
Tarzana CA 91357

Lloyd Olson

Won't be a problem for the customers. They'll find a location with the
Avatar LE, or collector that has one and play it there.

Today's customers tend to know a bit about pinball. Some of mine post here.

And the op that has the regular Avatar, loses customers once they find the
LE to play.

in article 20f22f43-26e0-4177-9ad8-62481c7d45c7@26g2000yqv.googlegroups.com,
ChrisH at chaznap@ptdprolog.net wrote on 11/17/10 7:35 AM:

> I bought the original Avatar and I am mad.

I said this before:

If this really drives you nuts, because now your treasured NIB Avatar pin is
no longer the best there is, and now, someone, someplace, will have one
better than you - well

Get A Life!

Or you could just continue to play it like you did before and enjoy it like
you did before. Depends on if you want to make yourself miserable or not.

Or sell it as a HUO, take a few $ hit like you would have anyway and get the
newest and greatest thing.

I am lucky. I am not a slave to having the newest and best on the block.
And you know what, I am not mad. I am (generally) pretty happy.

> This LE version makes the pro version a Costco edition by default.

Maybe. Maybe not. I suspect they will market a Costco version without the
coin mech and likely a cheaper box. If they are smart, they will remove
something on the playfield.

Lloyd Olson

At the very least, when a LE version has more than cosmetic changes, it
would be nice if stern made the extra stuff available to ops to upgrade
their machines. LTG :)