[ANN] geocoder-us 1.1.1 Released

Eric Hodel

11/28/2006 3:31:00 AM

geocoder-us version 1.1.1 has been released!

http://dev.robotcoop.com/Libraries/g...

Map addresses to latitude and longitude using geocoder.us

Changes:

= 1.1.1

* Using rc-rest 2.0.0

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

6 Answers

bastXXXette

EGK wrote:

> Alias

Alias is sf? I didn't know that. Time to look into it.

Thanks.
--
Bastette

bastXXXette

Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> American Gothic (1 full season)
> Threshold (cancelled midway through first season)

I haven't heard of these - thanks!

> Babylon 5 (lasted 5 seasons)

A couple of friends keep trying to get me to watch this, but I couldn't
get into it. Maybe I should try again. I hear it's one of the few shows
that had a decent-length run and didn't degenerate over the years. As
much as I got frustrated when all the shows I liked got canceled after
one season, I have to wonder if they would have kept up the good writing
and energy in subsequent seasons.

> Earth Final Conflict: seasons 1 and maybe 2 but *stop* after that!

I haven't heard of this one either.

> Firefly (cancelled midway through first season)

This one's on my queue, but yeah, it looks short.

> The Lost Room (Sci-Fi mini-series)

I saw this when it was on - enjoyed it a lot.

> Miracles (cancelled midway through first season)

Yes! I watched this, too. It was uneven - the first episode was really
creepy and fascinating, but some of the other ones didn't grab me as
much. I wish they'd continued with it, because it had a lot of potential.

--
Bastette

Arthur Lipscomb

On 1/4/2012 9:45 PM, bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>

> > Babylon 5 (lasted 5 seasons)
>
> A couple of friends keep trying to get me to watch this, but I couldn't
> get into it. Maybe I should try again. I hear it's one of the few shows
> that had a decent-length run and didn't degenerate over the years. As
> much as I got frustrated when all the shows I liked got canceled after
> one season, I have to wonder if they would have kept up the good writing
> and energy in subsequent seasons.

The first season is a standard space adventure series with a few great
episodes and the underpinnings of something more bubbling up underneath.
Season 2 is where things really start to take off and the arc comes
more to the forefront. Season 3 is near perfect. A season long story
arc with every episode written by the show's creator. Season 4 is
almost the same. There are a few bumps in season 5 (due to behind the
scenes issues) but by the time you make it to season 5, you're hooked.

WATCH IT, you will not be sorry!

Andrew McGrath

bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
> > American Gothic (1 full season)
> > Threshold (cancelled midway through first season)
>
> I haven't heard of these - thanks!
>
> > Babylon 5 (lasted 5 seasons)
>
> A couple of friends keep trying to get me to watch this, but I couldn't
> get into it. Maybe I should try again. I hear it's one of the few shows
> that had a decent-length run and didn't degenerate over the years.

Babylon 5 is my personal fav show of all time. Yes, S1 is not the
easiest season to get through, but after that the following 3 season are
break neck genius. And having watched them, S1 becomes equally genius.
S5 is slagged off, but for me it served as a sort of thank you to fans
for watching. A bonus season if you will.

Also, remember B5 was planned as a 5 year arc, so S1 is only an
introduction or set up for the rest of it. So in some ways it is
forgivably less exciting as S2-4.

> As
> much as I got frustrated when all the shows I liked got canceled after
> one season, I have to wonder if they would have kept up the good writing
> and energy in subsequent seasons.

Well, I say most of these show did go wrong suggesting what you say is
true. I think that the problem is that these writers come up with a
great idea, but rarely think about how it plays out in either the long
or short term. So in the end they write them selves in to corners and
cheat their way out. Lost and BSA for example. Both of which should have
been on a par with Babylon 5.

--
AC

jt

On 05 Jan 2012 05:35:30 GMT, bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:

>EGK wrote:
>
> > Alias
>
>Alias is sf? I didn't know that. Time to look into it.
>
>Thanks.

It doesn't really start out that way but it becomes very SF/fantasy
oriented. Of course I thought it got much worse as it went along as well.
It's another JJ Abrams (LOST) series.

shawn

On 05 Jan 2012 05:45:59 GMT, bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:

>Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>
> > American Gothic (1 full season)
> > Threshold (cancelled midway through first season)
>
>I haven't heard of these - thanks!
>
> > Babylon 5 (lasted 5 seasons)
>
>A couple of friends keep trying to get me to watch this, but I couldn't
>get into it. Maybe I should try again. I hear it's one of the few shows
>that had a decent-length run and didn't degenerate over the years. As
>much as I got frustrated when all the shows I liked got canceled after
>one season, I have to wonder if they would have kept up the good writing
>and energy in subsequent seasons.

Only let down was in the S5 storyline and that's just because of what
was going on behind the scenes. It's probably my favorite show of all
time (and given that we like the same shows based on your list I think
you should really give it a try.)

> > Earth Final Conflict: seasons 1 and maybe 2 but *stop* after that!
>
>I haven't heard of this one either.

It started out great but really lost it's way as the producers kept
interfering and changing directions.
> > Firefly (cancelled midway through first season)
>
>This one's on my queue, but yeah, it looks short.

I think it would have lasted longer if Fox hadn't played around with
the airing order. Putting on the real pilot first would have
introduced the characters in a way that would have attracted people
that got turned off by the Western in Space theme that played a larger
role in the episode they chose to air first.

> > The Lost Room (Sci-Fi mini-series)
>
>I saw this when it was on - enjoyed it a lot.

A wonderful little series that I would love to see return.