Fwd: [Flickr] Your Photo Upload Failed

Giles Bowkett

11/25/2006 6:36:00 PM

Am I the only person who gets Flickr upload failure messages every
time he posts to Ruby-Talk?

I mailed this to Flickr and got a response from Stewart Butterfield.
He was like, "It's probably some idiot spammer."

Just wondering...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Flickr Mail <donotreply@flickr.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2006 18:34:37 +0000
Subject: [Flickr] Your Photo Upload Failed
To: gilesb@gmail.com

Your photo upload has failed with the following message:

no images were found attached to the email

If you think you shouldn't be getting this error, please
send us an email - help [at] flickr.com - and we'll do our
best to help!

Thanks,

The Flickr Team

www.flickr.com

This information might be of use to us when diagnosing what
went wrong:

To Address:
Cc Address:
From Address:
Parsed Addresses: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
effective53person@photos.flickr.com
Handling Server: www34
Handler Version: 1.166
Transaction Log: www34-1164479677.email
Logged Date: 25-11-2006
User NSID:
Blog Id:

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesg...

7 Answers

Jacob Fugal

On 11/25/06, Giles Bowkett <gilesb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only person who gets Flickr upload failure messages every
> time he posts to Ruby-Talk?
>
> I mailed this to Flickr and got a response from Stewart Butterfield.
> He was like, "It's probably some idiot spammer."

<snip>

> To Address:
> Cc Address:
> From Address:
> Parsed Addresses: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org
> effective53person@photos.flickr.com
> Handling Server: www34
> Handler Version: 1.166
> Transaction Log: www34-1164479677.email
> Logged Date: 25-11-2006
> User NSID:
> Blog Id:

Yes, I got one just like that when I posted yesterday as well.

Jacob Fugal

Brian Smith

"shawn" <nanoflower@gNOTmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:41:02 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Much, MUCH, lower-power broadcasting than American counterparts in New
>>York, Buffalo and Rochester. Reason? The cable monopolies (Rogers,
>>Shaw) and Bell fought tooth and nail against the conversion because
>>they don't want anyone going straight off air. The more people who
>>do, the less money the monopolists get in the market because they
>>(people) aren't having to go through a paid cable or telephone line.
>>In the Toronto market, you can capture at least 25 stations in the
>>American N.E., and very few Canadian ones in closer proximity!!
>>Net result? More and more Canadians in urban markets are seeing
>>American broadcasts via American stations on the border which means
>>NO Canadian commercials! I wonder how that strikes the grasping
>>companies up here?
>
> How long before they try to introduce an intefering signal to help
> prevent the Canadians from picking up those illecit American
> broadcasts?

Those broadcasts are not illegal though. The cable companies that serve
people close to the border either have to drop their outrageous rates and/or
hope that people are addicted to enough cable networks that they want to
keep subscribing. Of course the Internet is quickly changing everything
which is why the cable companies who also happen to be the big ISPs here
wanted to started charging outrageous rates if you went over your data
limits (like up to $2/GB over!). But to their shock and surprise people
revolted and stopped this nonsense from happening. My cable/Internet company
(Shaw) actually held a ton of focus groups with Internet users and
introduced way better plans. Good thing for me because I live too far from
the border and Montana has slim pickings when it comes to OTA TV stations.

Brian

Michael Black

JustDoIt

Michael Black <et472@ncf.ca> wrote in

> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, shawn wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:41:02 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Much, MUCH, lower-power broadcasting than American counterparts in
>>> New York, Buffalo and Rochester. Reason? The cable monopolies
>>> (Rogers, Shaw) and Bell fought tooth and nail against the conversion
>>> because they don't want anyone going straight off air. The more
>>> people who do, the less money the monopolists get in the market
>>> because they (people) aren't having to go through a paid cable or
>>> telephone line. In the Toronto market, you can capture at least 25
>>> stations in the American N.E., and very few Canadian ones in closer
>>> proximity!! Net result? More and more Canadians in urban markets
>>> are seeing American broadcasts via American stations on the border
>>> which means NO Canadian commercials! I wonder how that strikes the
>>> grasping companies up here?
>>
>> How long before they try to introduce an intefering signal to help
>> prevent the Canadians from picking up those illecit American
>> broadcasts?
>>
> That used to happen, though I have no idea if it was deliberate or
> not.
>
> The only time I could watch NBC or CBS in the analog era was before
> the adjacent local stations went on the air. Which meant back in the
> sixties. If I got up early enough, I could watch some of Captain
> Kangaroo before the adjacent local station went on the air. Of course
> the local station didn't even provide content at that early time in
> the morning, it was a test pattern for a while. It was better on
> weekends since the local stations got up later, so I could watch more
> cartoons.
>
> That all disappeared when tv stations went to 24 hour broadcasting,
> even if all they ran overnight was infomercials.
>
> With DTV I can get more US stations than I could with analog, ABC the
> only one missing (for some reason the Burlington Vt ABC station
> decided to pick a low frequency, and that's a problem). With
> subchannels, it's even better (though some of the subchannels aren't
> useful).
>
> Michael

And they change programming like an octopus changes camoflage. A local
sports sub-channel just went down in flames, and replaced itself with
retro-progamming.

Michael Black

Liberal $500 million tax dollar disaster

On Jan 5, 12:03 am, Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, Rich wrote:
> > Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote in

> >> That used to happen, though I have no idea if it was deliberate or
> >> not.
>
> >> The only time I could watch NBC or CBS in the analog era was before
> >> the adjacent local stations went on the air.  Which meant back in the
> >> sixties. If I got up early enough, I could watch some of Captain
> >> Kangaroo before the adjacent local station went on the air.  Of course
> >> the local station didn't even provide content at that early time in
> >> the morning, it was a test pattern for a while.  It was better on
> >> weekends since the local stations got up later, so I could watch more
> >> cartoons.
>
> >> That all disappeared when tv stations went to 24 hour broadcasting,
> >> even if all they ran overnight was infomercials.
>
> >> With DTV I can get more US stations than I could with analog, ABC the
> >> only one missing (for some reason the Burlington Vt ABC station
> >> decided to pick a low frequency, and that's a problem).  With
> >> subchannels, it's even better (though some of the subchannels aren't
> >> useful).
>
> >>    Michael
>
> > And they change programming like an octopus changes camoflage.  A local
> > sports sub-channel just went down in flames, and replaced itself with
> > retro-progamming.
>
> That hasn't happened here in Montreal.  But, one of the two PBS stations
> has the main channel on a subchannel in lower definition, the two PBS
> stations air common contents on their subchannels ("World"?  It's just
> repeats of what was on PBS, some recent, some older).  The CBS station
> uses their subchannel for weather.  Global added a subchannel for some
> reason, and it's just a lower definition version of the main channel.

In Toronto, the Buffalo PBS's are: HD, SD and "World." NBC or channel
2.0 is HD regular, but the 2.1 channel was MSG sports for some time,
but now is a mish-mash of retro programming. There used to be three
NBC channels at one time.

Michael Black