Where can I find an Hpricot gem?

Randy R

11/22/2006 9:28:00 AM

I tried to install the new mechanize gem package but it failed saying I
needed Hpricot. So, I'm trying to find a gem package for that but it
doesn't appear to exist. The Hpricot website says that I can get it from
RubyForge but RubyForge doesn't have it so now I'm lost and no amount of
googling is helping me.
Can anyone point me to where I can find the latest Hpricot gem?
Thank you...

3 Answers

Mike Woodhouse

On Nov 22, 9:27 am, "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality"
<ihates...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to install the new mechanize gem package but it failed saying I
> needed Hpricot. So, I'm trying to find a gem package for that but it
> doesn't appear to exist. The Hpricot website says that I can get it from
> RubyForge but RubyForge doesn't have it so now I'm lost and no amount of
> googling is helping me.
> Can anyone point me to where I can find the latest Hpricot gem?
> Thank you...

_why's installation instructions are here:
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/wiki/Install...

or go straight for

gem install hpricot --source code.whytheluckystiff.net

HTH,

Mike

Randy R

"Mike Woodhouse" <mikewoodhouse@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Nov 22, 9:27 am, "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality"
> <ihates...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried to install the new mechanize gem package but it failed saying
>> needed Hpricot. So, I'm trying to find a gem package for that but it
>> doesn't appear to exist. The Hpricot website says that I can get it from
>> RubyForge but RubyForge doesn't have it so now I'm lost and no amount of
>> googling is helping me.
>> Can anyone point me to where I can find the latest Hpricot gem?
>> Thank you...
>
> _why's installation instructions are here:
> http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/wiki/Install...

If you look at the very page you list, here, you'll see that it says
that you can get the gem package at RubyForge. As far as I can tell, this
is a damn dirty lie.

> or go straight for
>
> gem install hpricot --source code.whytheluckystiff.net

I could try this. I'm just curious why the gem isn't freely
distributed... or why some people think it is freely distributed...
Thanks...

Louis J Scoras

On 11/24/06, Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality

> > or go straight for
> >
> > gem install hpricot --source code.whytheluckystiff.net
>
> I could try this. I'm just curious why the gem isn't freely
> distributed... or why some people think it is freely distributed...
> Thanks...

In what way is this not freely distributed?

--
Lou.