RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir show the temp dir

nuthinking@googlemail.com

11/21/2006 12:21:00 PM

I'm trying the following code

require "rubyscript2exe"

@app_dir = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir()

that on compile time works properly, giving me the path to the .rb
script. On run-time though it gives to me the dir where the script is
temporary placed instead of the path to the .exe :(
So I get something like
"C:\DOCUME~1\USER~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\eee.dir.exe/app/....

Any clue how to get the actual .exe path?

Thanks, chr

4 Answers

Erik Veenstra

> I'm trying the following code
>
> require "rubyscript2exe"
>
> @app_dir = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir()
>
> that on compile time works properly, giving me the path to
> the .rb script. On run-time though it gives to me the dir
> where the script is temporary placed instead of the path to
> the .exe :(

Hi Christian,

So, it works properly on both compile time and run time... ;]

[1] states: "If you want to know the full path to the directory
of your (embedded) application, use RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir."

The "embedded" in this sentence doesn't mean the EXE file, but
the contents of the EXE file. In other words: the temporary
directory in which the application is put before it is started.

> Any clue how to get the actual .exe path?

See [2].

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

[1] http://www.erikve...rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.7
[2] http://www.erikve...rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.9

nuthinking@googlemail.com

Thanks a lot Erik, RUBYSCRIPT2EXE::APPEXE works fine, is it that
unstable? :)

Chr

Erik Veenstra wrote:

> > I'm trying the following code
> >
> > require "rubyscript2exe"
> >
> > @app_dir = RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir()
> >
> > that on compile time works properly, giving me the path to
> > the .rb script. On run-time though it gives to me the dir
> > where the script is temporary placed instead of the path to
> > the .exe :(
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> So, it works properly on both compile time and run time... ;]
>
> [1] states: "If you want to know the full path to the directory
> of your (embedded) application, use RUBYSCRIPT2EXE.appdir."
>
> The "embedded" in this sentence doesn't mean the EXE file, but
> the contents of the EXE file. In other words: the temporary
> directory in which the application is put before it is started.
>
> > Any clue how to get the actual .exe path?
>
> See [2].
>
> gegroet,
> Erik V. - http://www.erikve...
>
> [1] http://www.erikve...rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.7
> [2] http://www.erikve...rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.9

Erik Veenstra

> RUBYSCRIPT2EXE::APPEXE works fine, is it that unstable? :)

Okay, I understand the confusion. Yes, I consider it stable,
since it does do what it should do. But it is unstable, since I
want to be able to change or remove it in the future... ;]

Technically, it's stable. Time-wise, it's unstable.

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

nuthinking@googlemail.com

> Technically, it's stable. Time-wise, it's unstable.

So, I presume this is a good news... cheers Eric :)