Re: Protecting commercial ruby source code

Eric Hodel

11/17/2006 9:30:00 PM

On Nov 17, 2006, at 2:42 AM, Hiren Bridgmohun wrote:
> Is there a way to obfuscate my ruby source code.
> I have come across ZenObfuscate which at about $2500.
> Does anyone know of any other options to protect ruby source code
> when it is
> distributed to clients?

With ZenObfuscate you get support for the software that has been
written on top of a well-tested open-source framework that's been
under years of development.

You plan on making money off of ruby while protecting your IP. Why
shouldn't you be giving something back to the community in exchange?

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

7 Answers

Gray Guest

Barbarian Mutual <barbarianfinancialservices@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Oct 20, 1:04?pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> > 'Cuz he certainly doesn't have time to work, he can't be around
> civilized
>> people with that mouth and is unsuited for unskilled labor.
>
> What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??

Leeching. Cut off his welfare and see if he suddenly at least acts civilized
for 8 hours a day.

--
Refusenik #1

Libs suffer from Eleutherophobia. And there is no cure.

Too_Many_Tools

On Oct 20, 12:32 pm, Barbarian Mutual
<barbarianfinancialservi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
>  >  'Cuz he certainly doesn't have time to work,  he can't be around
> civilized
>
> > people with that mouth and is unsuited for unskilled labor.
>
> What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??

Mitt Romney.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools

On Oct 20, 12:32 pm, Barbarian Mutual
<barbarianfinancialservi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
>  >  'Cuz he certainly doesn't have time to work,  he can't be around
> civilized
>
> > people with that mouth and is unsuited for unskilled labor.
>
> What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??

I wonder if Ann Romney rides her horse out to the mailbox for the
checks?

TMT

Jeff M

On 10/20/2012 10:40 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
> On Oct 20, 12:32 pm, Barbarian Mutual
> <barbarianfinancialservi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
>> > 'Cuz he certainly doesn't have time to work, he can't be around
>> civilized
>>
>>> people with that mouth and is unsuited for unskilled labor.
>>
>> What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??
>

> I wonder if Ann Romney rides her horse out to the mailbox for the
> checks?

It's too far for the horse. Maybe one of the servants takes one of
their cars off its elevator and uses that.

Too_Many_Tools

On Oct 21, 7:08 am, Jeff M <NoS...@NoThanks.org> wrote:
> On 10/20/2012 10:40 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
>
> > On Oct 20, 12:32 pm, Barbarian Mutual
> > <barbarianfinancialservi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> >>   >  'Cuz he certainly doesn't have time to work,  he can't be around
> >> civilized

> >> What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??
>
> > I wonder if Ann Romney rides her horse out to the mailbox for the
> > checks?
>
> It's too far for the horse.  Maybe one of the servants takes one of
> their cars off its elevator and uses that.

You may be on to something...I understand that the mailbox has its own
elevator.

TMT

Repubs Lost Both Wars

On Oct 20, 10:17 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> Barbarian Mutual <barbarianfinancialservi...@yahoo.com> wrote innews:101342bf-b109-4921-941b-ab9057a25d67@k6g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Oct 20, 1:04 pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
> > >  'Cuz he certainly doesn't have time to work,  he can't be around
> > civilized
> >> people with that mouth and is unsuited for unskilled labor.
>
> > What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??
>
> Leeching. Cut off his welfare and see if he suddenly at least acts
civilized
>for 8 hours a day.

And boost taxes on those retirees and trust funders and see if they
finally do, too.

Gray Guest

"find WMD yet Repubs?" <walter_evening@post.com> wrote in news:7acd1ccd-
1a23-4401-9ef0-ce905706b6a1@q4g2000vbg.googlegroups.com:

> On Oct 20, 10:17?pm, Gray Guest <No_email_for_...@wahoo.com> wrote:
>> Barbarian Mutual <barbarianfinancialservi...@yahoo.com> wrote
innews:1013
> 42bf-b109-4921-941b-ab9057a25d67@k6g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

>> > civilized
>>
>> > What do you call getting checks in the mail while sitting around??
>>
> > Leeching. Cut off his welfare and see if he suddenly at least acts
> civilized
> >for 8 hours a day.
>
> And boost taxes on those retirees and trust funders and see if they
> finally do, too.

Would you at least try to stay on topic, moron.