Re: Protecting commercial ruby source code

David Vallner

11/17/2006 2:34:00 PM

Hiren Bridgmohun wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Is there a way to obfuscate my ruby source code.
> I have come across ZenObfuscate which at about $2500.
> Does anyone know of any other options to protect ruby source code when it is
> distributed to clients?
>
> Thanks
> Hiren

For a trivial approach, rubyscript2exe might give some protection
provided you don't make shrinkwrapped software. If $2500 (which I
presume to be half a senior developer's monthly pay) for a site licence
is too expensive, I don't expect there to be too much valuable IP and
R&D investment to protect. (No offense meant.)

David Vallner