[Gui] Which GUI is available with Ruby?

Flaab Mrlinux

11/15/2006 9:56:00 PM

Hi again!

Othew newbie question :)

I'd like to develop programs with graphical user interface. Which guis
are available with ruby? And where can i find a tutorial for them?

Thanks.

PD: Over linux XD

Austin Ziegler

On 11/15/06, Flaab Mrlinux <flaab_mrlinux@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> Othew newbie question :)
>
> I'd like to develop programs with graphical user interface. Which guis
> are available with ruby? And where can i find a tutorial for them?

Please google for this. I have seen four discussions about this in the
last month, so there are recent relevant hits.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

WoodHacker

> I'd like to develop programs with graphical user interface. Which guis
> are available with ruby? And where can i find a tutorial for them?

I've used Tk and Fox (http://www.fox-to...), both of which are
very good and run on both windows and Linux. But of late I have
switched to RubyGtk2
(http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?...) which I like
even better than the other two.

There are other GUI systems, however. Check out the new Ruby Way book
for intro examples.

Bill

gromeg

And to add one more thing, the code is going to be quite ugly, since I
have multiple functions for each module. It will look like:

Public Function MyMainFunction(moduleName As String)
If moduleName = "Module1" Then
FunctionA = Module1.FunctionA()
FunctionB = Module1.FunctionB()
FunctionC = Module1.FunctionC()
FunctionD = Module1.FunctionD()
FunctionE = Module1.FunctionE()
If moduleName = "Module2" Then
FunctionA = Module2.FunctionA()
FunctionB = Module2.FunctionB()
FunctionC = Module2.FunctionC()
FunctionD = Module2.FunctionD()
FunctionE = Module2.FunctionE()

etc...

End Function

And each time I have to had a new module, I would need to copy paste
these 5 lines with the corresponding module name. Ugly. I wish there
was a way to call Eval(moduleName & . "FunctionA()" )

Thanks anyway