IE events and conflict with VB6 DLL

Patrick Spence

11/13/2006 7:01:00 PM

I've written a ClickRecorder class that monitors the "onContextMenu"
click events in Internet Explorer. It's working just fine. Then I put
together a VB6 activex DLL that displays a simple dialog that queries
the user for information about the web app control that fired the
event. That information is added to the SQL Server table along with the
other information about the control. The "onContextMenu" event handler
creates an instance of the class in the DLL and is supposed to display
the dialog. However, it's locking up IE. My thoughts are that the event
monitoring bit is probably causing the problem.

Has anyone done something like this before?

TIA

1 Answer

Patrick Spence

I re-wrote the COM dll in VB.NET and no more IE lockup problems.