Test::Unit runner for HTML output

S. Robert James

11/12/2006 7:00:00 PM

Is there a Test::Unit runner for HTML output? I'd like to keep this
available on an internal Continuos Integration web page.

(Ideally, I'd like to be able to tell the rake test tasks to use HTML
output to a certain file, in addition to the standard stdout text
output.)

5 Answers

Tim Pease

On 11/12/06, S. Robert James <srobertjames@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a Test::Unit runner for HTML output? I'd like to keep this
> available on an internal Continuos Integration web page.
>
> (Ideally, I'd like to be able to tell the rake test tasks to use HTML
> output to a certain file, in addition to the standard stdout text
> output.)

Take a look at test-report.

http://test-report.ruby...

Should do exactly what you are asking for.

Blessings,
TwP

Benjamin Curtis

On Nov 12, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Tim Pease wrote:

> On 11/12/06, S. Robert James <srobertjames@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a Test::Unit runner for HTML output? I'd like to keep this
>> available on an internal Continuos Integration web page.
>>
>> (Ideally, I'd like to be able to tell the rake test tasks to use HTML
>> output to a certain file, in addition to the standard stdout text
>> output.)
>>

> Take a look at test-report.
>
> http://test-report.ruby...
>
> Should do exactly what you are asking for.
>
> Blessings,
> TwP

There is also Tesly Jr.: http://junior....

Tim Pease

On 11/12/06, juan pedro meriño <juapdiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> my msn is mivalecita2006@hotmail.com
>
> 2006/11/13, juan pedro meriño <juapdiaz@gmail.com>:
> >

> > How i install ruby at Ubuntu and like i use apache as ruby?

test-report is a gem. You can install it using this command ...

gem install -r test-report

You might have to run that as root depending upon how your gems are configured.

test-report will generate static HTML pages. If you want those pages
to be viewable from an apache web server, then you will need to copy
the HTML pages to your web folder.

Blessings,
TwP

Remus Shepherd

"Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)" <seawasp@sgeinc.invalid.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/12 9:14 AM, Remus Shepherd wrote:
> > Dan Goodman<dsgood@iphouse.com> wrote:
> >> A fair amount of sf set in the future is by authors whose intent is to
> >> write about the present.
> >> I want a term for science fiction about the future.
> > "bleak"

> Not for everyone. As James Nicoll likes to point out, it DOES seem to
> be a particularly American assumption that the future is filled with
> DOOOOOOOOOM.

> I don't write stuff about that; don't believe it, and it's pointless to
> write about if it's true, because the DOOOM will mean no one's going to
> have time or money to buy my books in the DOOOOOOMed future.

(shrug) To each his own. I like cautionary tales, and I like the thought
that my tales might caution people to avoid the more unpleasant parts of the
future.

But I wasn't being entirely serious with 'bleak'. Most of my stories are
fairly optimistic, even downright happy if you're a radical. :)

.... ...
Remus Shepherd <remus@panix.com>
New Webcomic: Genocide Man http://www.genoci...
Life is funny. Death is funnier. Mass slaughter can be hilarious.

J.Pascal

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:34:42 AM UTC-6, Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) wrote:
> On 5/29/12 9:14 AM, Remus Shepherd wrote:
> > Dan Goodman<dsgood@iphouse.com> wrote:
> >> A fair amount of sf set in the future is by authors whose intent is to
> >> write about the present.
> >
> >> I want a term for science fiction about the future.
> >
> > "bleak"
> >

> Not for everyone. As James Nicoll likes to point out, it DOES seem to
> be a particularly American assumption that the future is filled with
> DOOOOOOOOOM.
>
> I don't write stuff about that; don't believe it, and it's pointless to
> write about if it's true, because the DOOOM will mean no one's going to
> have time or money to buy my books in the DOOOOOOMed future.

Some authors I know are trying to promote what they call "human wave" science fiction. It's pretty much the non-doomy sort. Not, by any means, pollyanna-ish but where the challenges are risen to, the sacrifices worthy, and even fallen humans a force for good.

-Julie