more on gateway...

Ara.T.Howard

Vincent Fourmond

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> i also don't see this
>

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/19d3d774212df53e/f1340dc8b02fa5a1#f1340d...
>

> can anyone confirm?

Could you be a little more precise about what you don't see ? Both
links you posted worked for me, and I found the first conversation in my
mail archive (I didn't look for the second).

Vince

--
Vincent Fourmond, PhD student
http://vincent.fourmon...

James Gray

On Nov 10, 2006, at 2:41 PM, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> i also don't see this
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/b...
> thread/19d3d774212df53e/f1340dc8b02fa5a1#f1340dc8b02fa5a1
>
> can anyone confirm?

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

James Edward Gray II

Ara.T.Howard

Kay Shapero

In article <4fadd02a$0$27091$607ed4bc@cv.net>, jwkenne@attglobal.net
says...

> On 2012-05-12 00:37:33 +0000, John F. Eldredge said:
>
> > On Wed, 09 May 2012 22:04:13 -0500, Dan Goodman wrote:
> >
> >> Paper Dollar Saloon
> >> Silver Nickel Saloon
> >
> > Here in Nashville, Tennessee there is an old building known since the
> > late 19th century as the Silver Dollar Saloon, although it is no longer a
> > drinking establishment. It still has actual silver dollars inset into
> > the ceramic-tile floor, although I would not be surprised to find that
> > some of them have been replaced by newer fake-silver coins.
>
> Hell, there was a "Silver Dollar" bar in Waterville, ME in the 1950s.

I miss the old cart-wheel dollar coins myself - they were fun to leave
as tips. Susan B Anthony not-a-quarters and GP* just aren't the same.

--
Kay Shapero
http://www.kays...

djheydt

In article <MPG.2a17a6d0e1209ff89897e0@news.eternal-september.org>,
Kay Shapero <kay@invalid.net> wrote:
>In article <4fadd02a$0$27091$607ed4bc@cv.net>, jwkenne@attglobal.net
>says...

>> > Here in Nashville, Tennessee there is an old building known since the
>> > late 19th century as the Silver Dollar Saloon, although it is no longer a
>> > drinking establishment. It still has actual silver dollars inset into
>> > the ceramic-tile floor, although I would not be surprised to find that
>> > some of them have been replaced by newer fake-silver coins.
>>
>> Hell, there was a "Silver Dollar" bar in Waterville, ME in the 1950s.
>
>I miss the old cart-wheel dollar coins myself - they were fun to leave
>as tips. Susan B Anthony not-a-quarters and GP* just aren't the same.

Okay, what does GP* extend to?

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Kay Shapero

In article <M3x1EI.19nI@kithrup.com>, djheydt@kithrup.com says...

> In article <MPG.2a17a6d0e1209ff89897e0@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Kay Shapero <kay@invalid.net> wrote:
> >In article <4fadd02a$0$27091$607ed4bc@cv.net>, jwkenne@attglobal.net
> >says...

> >> Hell, there was a "Silver Dollar" bar in Waterville, ME in the 1950s.
> >
> >I miss the old cart-wheel dollar coins myself - they were fun to leave
> >as tips. Susan B Anthony not-a-quarters and GP* just aren't the same.
>
> Okay, what does GP* extend to?

Whoops, I forgot to put in the footnote didn't I. Stands for "gold
pieces" and is what the local D&D gamers promptly dubbed the newest
dollar coins because of their color, especially when new.

--
Kay Shapero
http://www.kays...
Address munged, to email use kay at the above domain (everything after
the www.)

Dan Goodman

Turns out both Paper Dollar Saloon and Silver Nickel Saloon are in
current use -- 200 years too early for my purposes.

I've decided to go with Credit Card Saloon, which doesn't seem to have
been used yet.

I might also use Silver Loonie Saloon.

Note: Silver Dollar Saloon, Bar, etc. is in wide use in the US.

--
Dan Goodman