Mac OS X SSL Certificates Path

James Gray

11/9/2006 5:34:00 PM

Does anyone know the directory or file I could feed to OpenSSL via
ca_path or ca_file for Mac OS X's SSL certificates? I'm doing a get
over HTTPS, need to verify, and can't seem to locate the certificates.

Thanks.

James Edward Gray II

2 Answers

Verno Miller

James Gray wrote:
> Does anyone know the directory or file I could feed to OpenSSL via
> ca_path or ca_file for Mac OS X's SSL certificates? I'm doing a get
> over HTTPS, need to verify, and can't seem to locate the certificates.
>
> Thanks.
>
> James Edward Gray II

There is /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt but nothing similar in
/System/Library/OpenSSL/certs (cf.
http://www.madboa.com/geek/opens... and also
http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/m... )

James Gray

On Nov 17, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Verno Miller wrote:

> James Gray wrote:
>> Does anyone know the directory or file I could feed to OpenSSL via
>> ca_path or ca_file for Mac OS X's SSL certificates? I'm doing a get
>> over HTTPS, need to verify, and can't seem to locate the
>> certificates.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>

> There is /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt but nothing similar in
> /System/Library/OpenSSL/certs (cf.
> http://www.madboa.com/geek/opens... and also
> http://developer.apple.com/internet/serverside/m... )

Yeah, Mac OS X stores its certificates in the Keychain I learned. No
very friendly for getting at. I downloaded a list and used it instead.

James Edward Gray II