win32ole and excel and copy

Li Chen

11/8/2006 1:34:00 PM

Hi all,

I use wind32ole to import data and create graphs into Excel. I find the
graphs can't be copied or resized. Any comments?

Thanks,

Li

greg.rb

Li Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use wind32ole to import data and create graphs into Excel. I find the
> graphs can't be copied or resized. Any comments?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Li
# Here is sample code to copy a chart in a worksheet:

require 'win32ole'

xl=WIN32OLE::new('Excel.Application')
xl.Visible=1 #show excel

xl.Workbooks.Open('c:\\testme.xls') #will open a file

xl.sheets(1).activate #activate the sheet you want

xl.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate #activate the chart

xl.ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
xl.ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy
xl.Windows("testme.xls").Activate
xl.Cells(50,1).Select # select row and col to paste chart
xl.ActiveSheet.Paste

#xl.ActiveWorkbook.Close()
#xl.Quit

#greg

Li Chen

Greg Halsey wrote:
>> # Here is sample code to copy a chart in a worksheet:
>
> require 'win32ole'
>
> xl=WIN32OLE::new('Excel.Application')
> xl.Visible=1 #show excel
>
> xl.Workbooks.Open('c:\\testme.xls') #will open a file
>
> xl.sheets(1).activate #activate the sheet you want
>
> xl.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate #activate the chart
>
> xl.ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
> xl.ActiveChart.ChartArea.Copy
> xl.Windows("testme.xls").Activate
> xl.Cells(50,1).Select # select row and col to paste chart
> xl.ActiveSheet.Paste
>

> #xl.ActiveWorkbook.Close()
> #xl.Quit
>
> #greg

Hi Greg,

I try the script but I find it only open an designated file only. I
still can't copy the chart. BTW there is plug-in in Excel called Visual
Basic editor. Is it the same as Visual Basic environment?

Thanks,

Li