[ANN] Swiss Ruby User Group Meeting, 9.11.2006

Jens-Christian Fischer

11/7/2006 5:45:00 AM

The Swiss Ruby User Group will be meeting on Thursday 9.11.2006 in
Zurich.

Place: Ergon Informatik, Zurich
Time: 18:30 - 20:00 + optional dinner

Topics: Who's doing what - Ruby / Rails Projects in Switzerland
Behaviour Driven Development - another way to say things
Pimp my Code - live re-factoring of ruby code

Details:
http://www.swissrug.ch/articles/2006/10/11/swissru...

Please send email to jcf at invisible.ch to indicate, if you'd like
to participate

Jens-Christian Fischer

6 Answers

Randy Lane

On Nov 14, 5:18 pm, "Matthew B. Tepper" <oyþ@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgee...@comcast.net> appears to have caused
> the following letters to be typed innews:j9sd4g$c4a$1@dont-email.me:
>
> > PS: What is a "total recorder"?
>
> It is the name of a program:
>
> http://www.totalrec...
>
> By the way, what was the name of that product, in use about thirty years ago,
> that was a sort of gunk you would spread on an LP, wait for it to dry, and
> then yank it off, taking all the caked-into-the-grooves cruft with it?

Discofilm?

John Wiser

"Matthew B. Tepper" <oy?@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@comcast.net> appears to have caused
> the following letters to be typed in news:j9sd4g$c4a$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> PS: What is a "total recorder"?
>
> It is the name of a program:
>
> http://www.totalrec...
>
> By the way, what was the name of that product, in use about thirty years
> ago,
> that was a sort of gunk you would spread on an LP, wait for it to dry, and
> then yank it off, taking all the caked-into-the-grooves cruft with it?

Oh yes, A black plastic cylinder with an applicator head. It worked rather
well
but was very expensive, a cylinder used up for every dozen cleaned records.
In our house we called it DiscoSnot. Don't recall the real name.
My last use of it was the cleaning of a batch of opaque red vinyl 78s
of the Concert Hall persuasion for broadcast use - among others a Barber
Capricorn Concerto, Ives songs, and a Copland Danzon Cubano in black vinyl.

JDW

Matthew B. Tepper

Randy Lane <randy.lane@gmail.com> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:eab64f29-933b-4323-9db2-
ec5c5f060ccc@w20g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

> On Nov 14, 5:18?pm, "Matthew?B.?Tepper" <oy?@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgee...@comcast.net> appears to have
>> caused the following letters to be typed innews:j9sd4g$c4a$1@dont-
>> email.me:
>>
>> > PS: What is a "total recorder"?
>>
>> It is the name of a program:
>>
>> http://www.totalrec...
>>
>> By the way, what was the name of that product, in use about thirty years
>> ago, that was a sort of gunk you would spread on an LP, wait for it to
>> dry, and then yank it off, taking all the caked-into-the-grooves cruft
>> with it?
>
> Discofilm?

Yes, that's it, thanks. Apparently it's now used for cleaning camera
lenses or sensors or something.

Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/...
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers

William Sommerwerck

"Matthew B. Tepper" <oy?@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@comcast.net> appears to have caused
> the following letters to be typed in news:j9sd4g$c4a$1@dont-email.me:

> By the way, what was the name of that product, in use about thirty years
> ago, that was a sort of gunk you would spread on an LP, wait for it to
dry,
> and then yank it off, taking all the caked-into-the-grooves cruft with it?

Pillsbury Crescents Dough?

Kip Williams

William Sommerwerck wrote:
> "Matthew B. Tepper"<oy?@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "William Sommerwerck"<grizzledgeezer@comcast.net> appears to have caused
>> the following letters to be typed in news:j9sd4g$c4a$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> By the way, what was the name of that product, in use about thirty years
>> ago, that was a sort of gunk you would spread on an LP, wait for it to
> dry,
>> and then yank it off, taking all the caked-into-the-grooves cruft with it?
>
> Pillsbury Crescents Dough?

Record Play-do.

Kip W

GP49

On Nov 14, 5:18 pm, "Matthew B. Tepper" <oyþ@earthlink.net> wrote:

"By the way, what was the name of that product, in use about thirty
years ago,
that was a sort of gunk you would spread on an LP, wait for it to dry,
and
then yank it off, taking all the caked-into-the-grooves cruft with
it?"

You can still do that today, with ordinary white glue such as Elmer's®

http://www.cratekings.com/clean-records-with-wood-glue-aka-the-vinyl...