need ruby run like php in apache

Haoqi Haoqi

11/6/2006 9:59:00 AM

I hope that run index.rb in apache like php index.php without rails
I think rails is great,but i do not like rails
php's page next page is normal,such as html in web
but rails's url rule is not good
ok,how to run ruby like php?

i know about eruby,erb...and erubies. Erubies may be is my need,but i do
not know how to install for apache.

I hope run index.rb like php's index.php without rails!
thanks!

Wilson Bilkovich

I assume he wants the file extensions on the end, so that when he
changes tools down the road, all his URLs will be broken. :)

This link may help, though:
http://cyll.org/blog/tech/2006-08-26-makingrubyin...

On 11/6/06, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.modru...
>
> Any reason you don't like Rails? I see 'rails's url rule is not good', what
> does that mean?
>
> Jason
>
> On 11/6/06, Haoqi Haoqi <axgle@126.com> wrote:
> >
> > I hope that run index.rb in apache like php index.php without rails
> > I think rails is great,but i do not like rails
> > php's page next page is normal,such as html in web
> > but rails's url rule is not good
> > ok,how to run ruby like php?
> >
> > i know about eruby,erb...and erubies. Erubies may be is my need,but i do
> > not know how to install for apache.
> >
> > I hope run index.rb like php's index.php without rails!
> > thanks!
> >
> > --

David Vallner

Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> I assume he wants the file extensions on the end, so that when he
> changes tools down the road, all his URLs will be broken. :)
>
> This link may help, though:
> http://cyll.org/blog/tech/2006-08-26-makingrubyin...

I could've sworn mod_ruby had an Erb handler of some sort to handle
pages like .rhtml even without that hideous hack.

And if it doesn't, well, *cough* -hint- :P

David Vallner

David Vallner

Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> I assume he wants the file extensions on the end, so that when he
> changes tools down the road, all his URLs will be broken. :)

Also, on that note: http://www.w3.org/Provider....

The fact that newly developed PHP / JSP / other CGI still happily
violates rules that were published in an eight year old document (and
were a bad idea ages before anyway) makes me cringe. The fact
half-decent support for clean URLs is only a recend development in web
frameworks makes me cringe more... (Ugh, mod_rewrite)

David Vallner