Re: Virus alert when compiling ruby stable 2006-11-05 with mingw

Eric Hodel

11/6/2006 2:26:00 AM

On Nov 5, 2006, at 5:30 PM, Jose Augusto wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is my 'first time' in this mailing list, although I use Ruby
> since
> quite a few years...
>
> When compiling last stable (2006-11-05 version), with MinGw on
> windows, my
> avira anti-virus
> complains that conftest.exe (created during the ./configure step)
> has the
> Trojan horse TR/Shutdown.F
>
> I ignore the warnings, and in the end it compiles OK. Sorry to send
> this
> info to all the list but I hope it gets the 'right' person ;-)

You should send this email to your anti-virus software vendor. I
doubt that they read the ruby-talk mailing list.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

1 Answer

Ryan Davis

On Nov 6, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Jose Augusto wrote:

> Last version of Ruby I had compiled (not more than 2 or 3 weeks ago)
> didn't trigger the avirus, which makes me conclude that
> it now happens as a consequence of recent modifications in
> ./configure (?) perhaps... or in the source.

Or in the virus detection software... either way, it isn't a bug in
ruby, it is a bug in the detector.