Comercial web application with Ruby on Rails

Alfredo Gama

11/5/2006 11:58:00 PM

Hello,

I have to develop a new application with Php and Mysql, before that i
saw RoR and i interested develop in it, but i wanna know if there are
any comercial web application with RoR and if i can hosted it on
bluehost.

thanks in advance,

Alfredo

David Vallner

Alfredo Gama wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to develop a new application with Php and Mysql, before that i
> saw RoR and i interested develop in it,

*developed interest :P

> but i wanna know if there are
> any comercial web application with RoR

The whole 37signals business? Backpack, Basecamp, Campfire... Also
probably odles more that I can't name on the web.

David Vallner

Tim Hunter

Alfredo Gama wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to develop a new application with Php and Mysql, before that i
> saw RoR and i interested develop in it, but i wanna know if there are
> any comercial web application with RoR and if i can hosted it on
> bluehost.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Alfredo

Check out www.rubyonrails.org, The Ruby On Rails website. It has a list
of commerical applications written in RoR
(http://www.rubyonrails.org/ap...). It also has a list of web
hosting services that have RoR installed
(http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Rai...).

If you have any other questions about Rails, there's a Rails mailing
list, a wiki, and other community involvement. See
http://www.rubyonrails.org... for more info.

Good luck!

Jeremy McAnally

And, yes, it can be hosted on Bluehost. :)
--Jeremy

On 11/5/06, Alfredo Gama <agamazapata@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to develop a new application with Php and Mysql, before that i
> saw RoR and i interested develop in it, but i wanna know if there are
> any comercial web application with RoR and if i can hosted it on
> bluehost.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Alfredo

Jeff

Alfredo Gama wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to develop a new application with Php and Mysql, before that i
> saw RoR and i interested develop in it, but i wanna know if there are
> any comercial web application with RoR and if i can hosted it on
> bluehost.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Alfredo

This is not the Rails mailing list, this is the Ruby mailing list.

(Yes, there are lots of commercial apps in Rails, but I don't know what
'bluehost' is.)

Go to http://rubyon... and from there you can get information and
links to the appropriate community sites that can help you out.

Jeff
softiesonrails.com