Net::IMAP

Tom Allison

11/5/2006 9:23:00 PM

How do you get a list of the folders available?
And how do you identify the seperator on the server?
I know that some use '.' and others use '/'
It would be nice to be able to interrogate the system before hand.

2 Answers

Eric Hodel

On Nov 5, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Tom Allison wrote:

> How do you get a list of the folders available?

You want #list. Read RFC 3501 [1] 6.3.8 if the Net::IMAP
documentation isn't complete.

> And how do you identify the seperator on the server?
> I know that some use '.' and others use '/'

There isn't a separator. LIST will give you mailbox names.

> It would be nice to be able to interrogate the system before hand.

Look at IMAPCleanse [2] for an example of Net::IMAP usage.

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rf...
[2] http://rubyforge.org/projects...

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

Matt Rose

On 5-Nov-06, at 4:55 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

>> And how do you identify the seperator on the server?
>> I know that some use '.' and others use '/'
>
> There isn't a separator. LIST will give you mailbox names.

actually, the LIST command returns the hierarchy separator, as well,
check out section 7.2.2 of the RFC

Matt