Re: Rakefile sound effects

Nasser Alhawash

11/5/2006 8:40:00 PM

Yes, what about pc-speaker? any interface to that existing in ruby?Nasser----- Original Message ----From: Jonas Hartmann <Mail@Jonas-Hartmann.com>To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org>Sent: Sunday, November 5, 2006 3:36:58 PMSubject: Re: Rakefile sound effectsPhlip wrote:> Ruboids:> > Suppose I wanted to play a WAV file each time any Rakefile tasks all > succeed, and play another one each time any task fails.> > How could one add such a feature, portably between Linux and WinXP?> > The two sub-questions are therefore:> > - what's Ruby's dirt-simple but portable sound library?> > - how to hook into the Rakefile task stack> to intercept its results?> > Long term, I will select choice samples from "Holy Grail", such as "Ni!" and > "Bad Zoot!" But that's the easy part...> maybe with bundled (parts of) sdl - but then you would need to offer dlls/sos for multiple platforms.what about pc-speaker? any interface to that existing in ruby?

1 Answer

Phlip

Nasser Alhawash wrote:

> Yes, what about pc-speaker? any interface to that existing in ruby?

"Bad Zoot" is mission-critical here.

--
Phlip
http://www.greencheese.u... <-- NOT a blog!!!