Re: Redefining a class

Ara.T.Howard

dblack

David Vallner

Robert Dober wrote:
> Actually I am very disappointed that you cannot read my mind Ara ;) it
> would
> be quite antipols to use
> not constant classnames (wouldn't be there some warnings too BTW?)

If you redefine the class at times, it's hardly constant. Personally, I
think it's cleaner to use non-constant names for... well... nonconstant
objects, including classes you intend to redefine. (On the possibility
of redefining classes -outside- your code I shan't speak, because I'd
have to get vulgar. Prolific namespace clobbering already gets on my
nerves, and I wish there was a way to localise such changes requiring a
module causes. /me gets off soapbox.) And I sure as hell would find it
surprising if suddenly a hash keyed by what I thought were constant
objects started breaking.

David Vallner