[ANN] systemu-1.0.0

Ara.T.Howard

Gavin Kistner

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> # quite a few keys can be passed to the command to alter it's behaviour. if
> # either stdout or stderr is supplied those objects should respond_to? '<<'
> # and only status will be returned
[snip]
> # of course stdin can be supplied too. synonyms for 'stdin' include '0' and
> # 0. the other stdio streams have similar shortcuts
[snip]
> # the cwd can be supplied
[snip]
> # any environment vars specified are merged into the child's environment
[snip]
> # if a block is specified then it is passed the child pid and run in a
> # background thread. note that this thread will __not__ be blocked during the
> # execution of the command so it may do useful work such as killing the child
> # if execution time passes a certain threshold
[snip]

There's a scene in Total Recall where the cabbie says to the prostitute
with three breasts:
"Damn, baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"

You, Ara, make me wish that I had a burning need to frequently capture
stdout and stderr from system processes on Windows. Preferably while
specifying extra environment variables.

Looks nice. :)